cheer and surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheer and surgery

I was wondering if i get the surgery, will i still be able to cheer? or will the surgery pretty much stop that in it's tracks?
    ♥SARAH♥

Basically any physical activities you participate in will be limited (especially something like cheerleading) anywhere from at least 6 months-1 year. It takes approximately that long of time for the spine to fuse and heal completely after such a major surgery. I know how it is, I barrel race horses, and while I haven't been able to even sit on a horse for several months, you just have to keep a positive attitude and know that you will return to your activities in the future It's amazing to think people can return to basically most things after such a major surgery. Take care
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."
    "Talent takes you to the top. Character keeps you there."

Comment

Racin2win:
      I know we've talked before about our similar interest in horses and having to give up riding post-surgery. In case you don't remember, I ride english and am an accomplished jumper. I just wanted to tell you that I visit my barn on saturdays now and groom horses, answer phones, and observe lessons. It feels so good to be back there. I hope you are getting back to the stables as well. It feels good to have someone to share my experience with. Thank you for all of your support.
      Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
      L2 to T4
      Braced for 4 years
      Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Working...
      X