PDA

View Full Version : cheer and surgery

hotpinkshoelace
04-01-2004, 04:42 PM
I was wondering if i get the surgery, will i still be able to cheer? or will the surgery pretty much stop that in it's tracks?

racin2win
04-01-2004, 08:26 PM
Basically any physical activities you participate in will be limited (especially something like cheerleading) anywhere from at least 6 months-1 year. It takes approximately that long of time for the spine to fuse and heal completely after such a major surgery. I know how it is, I barrel race horses, and while I haven't been able to even sit on a horse for several months, you just have to keep a positive attitude and know that you will return to your activities in the future :) It's amazing to think people can return to basically most things after such a major surgery. Take care :)

dapsbounce8
04-03-2004, 02:20 PM
Racin2win:
I know we've talked before about our similar interest in horses and having to give up riding post-surgery. In case you don't remember, I ride english and am an accomplished jumper. I just wanted to tell you that I visit my barn on saturdays now and groom horses, answer phones, and observe lessons. It feels so good to be back there. I hope you are getting back to the stables as well. It feels good to have someone to share my experience with. Thank you for all of your support.