Another milestone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another milestone.

Well I did it, I went dancing. I sat and watched for a few hours then when the Dj/lounge singer pointed at me and said "You haven't danced all night!" I knew I had to try, the jig was up. It was time to get back on the horse. (I have known this same Dj guy for quite awhile.) I waited for my favorite beat (hip-hop) and got up and headed to the floor. I thought of Brandi and our coochie coo attempts and thought I'd better keep it simple. As I got into the music and realised I wasn't doing the robot I loosened up and enjoyed the music. It felt weird but, I was able to move fairly well, OMG! I danced a bit on and off for about 1-1 1/2 hours then thought that was enough as I did want to be able to walk the next day. I woke up the next morning wondering how I would feel and as I got out of bed I grinned and realised I only had my normal stiffness! I did it! I had worried needlessly yet again......... Another way cool thing about this milestone, I did it in 3 1/2'' heels! NOTE:I was accused of not enjoying the music by Mr. Dj during one of his breaks (thus no dancing) I had to explain to him the music was great but I had back surgery about 7 months ago....Of coarse this was met with a stunned look! LOL!

That's great!!!

Hi,

I am so glad that you were up and dancing and in heels too!!! I am sure you were wondering before if you can ever do it again and how would that feel but now you have finally done it and that is great. Hope that you only get better and better every time you attempt to do something that you haven't tried since surgery. Again, I am really happy for you and thanks for updating us on your progress!!!

I tried sending you a PM but your mailbox was full.

Thanks,

Mariya
    Last edited by mariya; 09-17-2006, 10:04 PM.
    30 yrs, mom to two girls ages 9 and 7
    8/9/04 - 18* thoracic and 42* lumbar
    3/7/06 - 22* thoracic and 45* lumbar (38*kyphosis)
    4/8/08 - 38* thoracic and 50-52* lumbar (54* kyphosis)

2007 - Scheduled surgery but cancelled due to no major health issues at the time.
    2011 - Back pain, spasms, sciatica, difficulty doing any physical work/activities w/o following back pain and spasms. Revisiting surgery decision and soon to schedule a doctors appointment to determine the progression since 2008.

Comment

Hi Suzy,

Congratulations!!! I know we all have many different goals that we set for ourselves and you achieved another of yours.

We start out simple, like shaving our legs or cutting our toenails, and before we know it we are back to doing what we love to do. It's a great feeling!!!

Things just keep getting better.

Shari

Comment

You go girl...I am glad to hear you were able to get out there and do your thing and in heels no less! Congratulations...sounds like you had a great time.
        Brandi
        Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
        Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
        L1-S1
        Dr. William Lauerman
        Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
        Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
        http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

wow Suzy-you go girl! I'm still at the ' I'd be happy to cut my toenails' stage!!!! Heels seem quite a while away for me but all in time! Ly

Comment

Working...
          X