Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Surgery Exersise...

hey guys,
    im 16 and i had my surgery last july for a lower left curve, i have been given the all clear from the docs i can go back to normal and everything now. just wondering if anyone has any advice on what exersie i can do..iv heard swimming is good and cycling...im quite slim and want to build my muscles back up any suggestions would be brilliant!

Good luck to anyone having an opperation and if you just want to talk im always availble...its not all that bad!

thanks in adance.
    Sukh

Hey
    It's been about 4 1/2 months since my surgery, and while I'm starting to take back up my dance classes again, I still can't do most things, and I'm still limited to lifting certain amounts of weight. However, my surgeon gave me some basic hamstring exercises (because at my last check-up, he said they felt 'tight'). When I find time, I lay flat on my back and lift one leg up in the air at a time, and do certain stretches with it. You can probably find these step by steps on the internet. My surgeon said I could float in a pool right now, and workout on a stationary bike, and since you've been given the ok for everything ( I can't wait till I get the ok ) I'm sure swimming and cycling would be great to help build especially your leg muscles back up again. I know what you mean, I hope to be able to take it up a notch and work out some more within the next few months, because I want to build more of my strength back up again too. Good luck
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."
    "Talent takes you to the top. Character keeps you there."

Comment

Working...
    X