October 5 used to look like a long ways out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 5 used to look like a long ways out

I can't believe my time is getting near. I have stayed away from the forum for the past few weeks because it just depressed me. As long as I could ignore the pending surgery, I did better.

I just found out that I will need to be in town for the surgery on October 2 for more tests. What more tests could they need???!!! I had a ton done last month and they told me I had passed all of them for surgery. Dr. Shelokov sure is thorough!

Anyway......I'm now sufficiently scared, nervous now that time is getting closer.

I am so glad those of you who have survived surgery already keep posting so we can draw information from your experiences. You all have helped me so much!

yeah im sure thats how im going to feel about my surgery date..lol february seems far now but it will come fast also.thats probably good the dr has you do all those tests to make sure you are in good shape.i know im glad i have all my tests done..lol it was horrible.well keep us posted! :-) trudy
    Trudy T60 L70 posterior surgery feb.8th 2007

Comment

You are going to be fine

I remember being where you are now- the waiting game has begun! Try to take this time and do some fun things before your surgery- visit friends/family,go on a small trip, shop. Before you know it you will be posting and be a post-opper! Best of luck & prayers go out to you
      Angela
      29 y/o f w/76 degree curve.Surgery done on June 26th, A/P, rods, instumentaion, rib removal- now 18 degrees!!

Comment

Marcia---time does slip by! It seemed like it went on forever at the beginning/middle of my wait(from Jan to August 1st) But then by the summer it went fast! I found by June & July, I was racing around like a nut to get all I wanted done around the house outside, bedroom etc....although seemed to have kept me in shape before the operations....you'll do fine! I think when the time comes, you'll have worried all you can thru the months preceeding, & now you can peacefully(hopefully) accept that it needs to be done & god will handle the rest for you on your surgery date! Ly

Comment

It really does go by fast doesn't it? If you decide to pop in here every now and again, Follow the advice that was given to someone else facing surgery - avoid the negative posts. Just focus on positive things, try to view your surgery as a positive. You have made the difficult decision to take the necessary steps towards living a better life. That's a very positive thing in my book
          Brandi
          Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
          Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
          L1-S1
          Dr. William Lauerman
          Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
          Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
          http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hi Marcia

I have been thinking alot about you lately as I remembered it was getting close to your time. Even tho I am not scheduled until Dec 5 I am already getting nervoous. We have to believe we have chosen the right doctor and then put it all in God's hands. I will be praying for you.

Linda G.

Comment

I remember feeling so anxious, but decided to go out with a bang and am glad I did. Yoga exercises, meditation and breathing helped me significantly. Go out and do something you may not be able to do for awhile. I invited all of my family and friends out for drinks, food and dancing into the wee hours 1 week before my surgery. I continued to have my nails done, haircut, a massage etc......pamper yourself in order to try and relax a little.
              Jenn
              37 y/o female
              60 degree lumbar
              45 degree thoracic
              1st time anterior/posterior surgery May 8th and 10th 2006
              T 5 to S 1
              NYC

Comment

Thanks everyone....I'm trying to focus on the positive, appreciating the many prayers promised, and will try to do something fun beforehand.

Comment

Hi Marcia-
                  I will be praying for a fabulous outcome and a quick recovery! My surgery is December 12- I would trade with you in a heartbeat- I wish it were overwith sooner! I know you will be fine- please update us as soon as possible!
                  Cathie

Comment

Working...
                  X