2nd operation done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd operation done

Hello all. 1 hour pre-op , 8 hours surgery and it is finally over, it's all recovery now.
    I was told the surgery went well. I was able to get there at 5 in the morning to kiss her good bye and wish her well. She was under anastisia for a long time and as a safety practice they are keeping her on the respiator. They are also keeping her in I.C.U. The doctor states he still is going to have her start her rehab tommorrow , and will have her starting to get up.. It was a long day.
    I dont know any of you and I am posting for Dawn but I know that all your prayers and best wishes helped. And on the lighter side ( honestly) telling dawn about all of your respones and wishes put a smile on her face and she started rambling names trying to guess who replied. Thanks to all of you , sincerley it helped me and more importantly i know it helped dawn, it's a very strong support group here . Thank you all. I will post again.
    surgery 9/06
    Rothman institute

I'm so happy for you both that should be such a relief now. Well your right now its recovery and as you know its going to be tough at times just think when recovery is over, how good she will feel.....

Well done dawney all the best for a speedy recovery.... Please keep us posted.

Love Leelee xx
    Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for keeping us all informed. Wish Dawn the best. I've enjoyed reading her
      posts and wish her all the best. She will now encourage all of us who are not on the other side of surgery! It will get better day by day!
      CSC
      Idiopathic Scoliosis; Wore a Milwaukee brace; Told by physician it would not progress
      S curve; Surgery date: January 29, 2008!!

Comment

Thanks Eric! Tell Dawn to hang in there and that we're all thinking of her.

Get some rest yourself!
        Chris
        A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
        Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
        Post-op curve: 12 degrees
        Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Hi Eric,

It's good to hear from you, and that Dawn is doing as well as can be expected. Tell her we are all thinking about her.

Hope you are doing well too. It is soooo obvious that you care very much for this wonderful woman, and she is very lucky to have you there by her side. We appreicate the updates, but don't forget that this forum can be for you as well.

If you ever have a question or concern about any part of her recovery process, there are plenty of us women out here that will gladly give you support and advice too.

When I got home from my surgery, one of the most comforting things for me, was to have my feet rubbed.

Shari

Comment

thkyou Eric so much for the update on Dawn! I am now a little over 5 weeks post-op and before you know it she will be home & feeling alot better! Time goes fast! I have no doubt she will have a smooth recovery! Tell her I said "Hi & lots of Hugs to her "............Lynne
            http://lynnebackattack.blogspot.com
            fused T-11 to L-5/Dr. Boachie/Dr. KIm@ HSS in NYCity

Comment

Thanks Eric for keeping us updated on Dawn. I know if everyone is like me, we are logging on everyday just to get the news. It especially helps those of us who are having our own surgeries soon. It makes me feel so much better and stronger when I hear a good outcome! Give Dawn lots of love and tell her we wish her the best.

Dori

Comment

Great news! Keep up your strength even during the difficult times - you are an inspiration for those of us awaiting surgery. Glad she can smile some!
                -Anya
                "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
                Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
                19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for the update Eric and for letting Dawn know were all here for her! It's a tough road ahead (but also amazing with all of the changes Dawn will go through) so please don't hesistate to come here with questions or concerns. Give Dawn our best!

Comment

Eric -

Thanks for the updates! Please tell Dawn I am so happy to hear all went well. She's a trooper! The worst part is all behind her now and she can focus on her recovery full-time. She's lucky to have you for support. Tell her I said "welcome to the club"

Brandi
                    Brandi
                    Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
                    Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
                    L1-S1
                    Dr. William Lauerman
                    Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
                    Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
                    http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

So so glad that its all over. Tell Dawn that this little chickey down here in Aussie land was batting for her.

Once again I thank you so much for taking the time to let everyone know how she was going.

Mackey
                      Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
                      Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

Working...
                      X