First Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Surgery

My 13 year old had to have Surgery for her scoloisos it had progressed so fast 5 month's she grew 3 1/2 inch and the curve got really bad they sent us to K.U Med Center in Kansas City, Ks to Dr. Burton.I recommend him he did such a wonderfull job with her they had also talked about having to remove 4to 5 rib's. But Thank god they didn't have to once he had her rod's placed he said it went better then he expected and when they put the spine back in place the rib's went back in place. Instead of an 7 hour surgery it only took 5 and 1/2 hour's. She spent the first few day's in ped's ICU and 5 in a regular room. And we got to come home Tuesday the 5th. She has also gotten taller in stead of being 5'6 and 1/2 she is know 5'9.She has been tough and put up with the pain she has been taking Tylonal instead of the stronger stuff most of the time.K.U. Med was so great I give a Big Thank's to all the nurse and Dr's they where all so good while she was there about her care.She still has a long recovery to go.

Hi...

You might want to post in the Parents section:

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X