saw dr today about surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saw dr today about surgery

well i went to see the PA today about my lower back pains and details about my surgery.my pain is from nerve root irritation.good news is the disk at the lowest of my spine is not bad enough to have to be removed and looks like i will only be fused from T6 to L3 instead of to S1.my surgery is not till february 8th so its still aways away.i was hoping to get in on a cancellation but doesnt look like that will happen.
    Trudy T60 L70 posterior surgery feb.8th 2007

Hi Gayle,

Is Shelokov doing your surgery? Is he really booked out to February? Yes, that does seem a long time to wait. Also, what is your procedure going to be--anterior/posterior? That's good that you don't have to be fused to the sacrum. I thought I was, but mine only goes to L-5, so I can roll my pelvis slightly at the bottom, but not much. You will have more movement left down there.

Let us know how things go.

Deb

Comment

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you wont need to have that disc removed or be fused to the sacrum. Please continue to post any changes. February will be here before you know it!
      Brandi
      Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
      Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
      L1-S1
      Dr. William Lauerman
      Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
      Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
      http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

yes shelokov is my surgeon.i think he does 3 surgeries a week and then he is in the office the rest.im on the cancellation list but doubt i will get in so i will just wait.its scheduled for february 8th and yeah once christmas gets here february will fly by.it gives me lots of time to prepare..lol . im having posterior surgery only .
        Trudy T60 L70 posterior surgery feb.8th 2007

Comment

Working...
        X