Bone Growth Stimulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bone Growth Stimulator

Just wondered how many of you used a bone grown stimulator after your surgery? I do- and wonder how many others do/did.

Thanks!
    Angela
    29 y/o f w/76 degree curve.Surgery done on June 26th, A/P, rods, instumentaion, rib removal- now 18 degrees!!

I did. Wore it for 4 hours a day for 3 months.
    36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
    Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
    Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
    Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
    Curve post op = 20 degrees
    No pain anymore!!
    Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Me Too!!

I have to wear it for 30 minutes a day for 4 months. Weird how everyone is so different.

Comment

How Interesting!

I have to wear mine 24/7. My carrying case broke over a week ago- so I am waiting on replacement parts. They told me I was to wear it for 4 mos!! Wierd how we all are different. Thanks for the info.
        Angela
        29 y/o f w/76 degree curve.Surgery done on June 26th, A/P, rods, instumentaion, rib removal- now 18 degrees!!

Comment

I also wore mine for 24/7 for the entire time I wore my brace. I just had to keep moving the patches up and down my spine a few inches each time, every 5 days.

Shari

Comment

Well, atleast I don't feel alone on that Shari. How long did you wear your brace? I finally got my replacement parts today from EBI for my BGS! Yeah!!
            Angela

Comment

Wore one for 4 hours a day for 4 months.
              Laurie
              Grapevine Texas
              Anterior/Posterior Surgery T2-S1 in April 2004
              Dr. Alexis Shelokov, Plano Texas
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Life should not be measured by the number of breaths we take,
              but by the number of moments that take our breath away

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hi Angela,

I wore my stimulator for about about 5 months. I was told that I wouldn't need it once I took my brace off, but I wore it longer, thinking it would help my fusion.

To be honest, I don't remember the exact dates, but I think at my 3 month check up, my doctor told me I should wean myself off of the brace in the next 5 weeks. I remember thinking that it wasn't possible, but I was out of it in about 3 weeks. I hated that brace, I guess memories of my childhood came into play there.

Shari

Comment

I know what you mean- I wore a brace in my childhood too! I have to laugh- I went to lunch with my dad today and I took the thing off while I was eating. I went to put it back on and I got stuck in the booth!!! LOL!! We just sat there laughing!! Theres my comic relief of the day- its a good thing they say if you can laugh at yourself!!!
                  Angela

Comment

Hi Angela,

Now that's funny!!! Thanks for making me smile!!!

Shari

Comment

I wore one for 4 hours daily for 9 months. I was told it would automatically shut off after the 9 months but it never did.

Comment

Working...
                      X