Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know about any treatment for nerve damage repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know about any treatment for nerve damage repair?

my operation was about 2 and a half months ago now, im still completely numb on the majority of my back and im aware that the nerves could be completely damaged and may never grow back.
    im really desperate to find some kind of treatment for this if there is one, because being so numb is horrible.
    so is anyone trying to find a cure or does anyone know of one?!?
    thanks
    xxxx

Hi...

Don't know if this will work for you, but it worked for me. Take items of different texture (e.g., feather, brush, washcloth, etc.), and roll/scrape them over the numb areas. While you're doing that, think about what it should feel like. Supposedly, the brain helps create new nerve pathways.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

wow really? thats so cool. i'll have to try that. im 2 and a half months post op and i still have some numbness on my shoulder blades.

Comment

Briann's doctor told us the same thing. Rub the numb areas everytime you think about it. Briann says her areas are still a lile sensitive but not really numb anymore. Her numbness was mainly on the outside of her thighs. She had her first surgery on 11/28 and a second surgery on 5/15 so depending on which date, she is 9 months or 3 months post op and is doing great.
        Cheryl M
        NCM

Comment

Working...
        X