Spinecor overview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinecor overview

I thought it could be interesting to keep an overview of results achieved through the spinecor by various members of this forum.

Attached is a table which I will keep updated as and when I get additional information

As you can see, what I want to enter is

-name (+parent name)
    -hospital/clinic attending
    -age (when starting spinecor)
    -initial curve (and level) "Out Of Brace"
    -initial curve "In Brace"
    -curve at subsequent reviews (IB or OOB)

to save me trailing through 68 pages of replies in this thread can you give me this info?

gerbo

(ps 1; i am not sure whether others than myself can update the table, can anyone try?)
    (ps2; keen to include the ones who tried but stopped it for whatever reason)
    Last edited by gerbo; 09-04-2006, 08:33 AM.

Gerbo,

Maybe you should check with Mr. Mills or even Dr. Rivard and make sure we're allowed to do this If you get the o.k..... I'm all for it! Some of these children are part of the Spinecor study and I don't know if any kind of confidentiality concerns are being breached. I know we "discuss" progress and such, but it's quite another thing having a chart with results.

Canadian eh
    Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

I honestly couldn't see the problem, the only thing we'd be doing is summarising information which is already contained in this forum anyway. The confidentiality would only be a personal issue, i.e. if people themselves wouldn't want their results to be shown in such a format, however, if we all are happy to share in this way, then no spinecor person stop us doing that.
      Last edited by gerbo; 08-30-2006, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I tried updating with Sheena's results but couldn't save. If you wish to input the results I'll give them to you or if you know a way to update, let me know. Unfortunately, we don't have good results so far, but will probably go to Montreal later this year after we do the Clear-institute treatment.

Sherie

Comment

OMG, this is a great idea, i'm rereading the pages of the spinecore thread and trying to memorize the girls and their curves before and after. I tried to add my daughters info but it only saves to my computer. I'll just give it to you to add and if you figure out that i am missing something just let me know, i'll be happy to post results from her followups. Thanks!

Alyssa, age 10, curves w/out brace: 34,39,31, curves in brace: 35,31,21

P.S. She's only begun wearing the brace this past week, fyi.
          marta

Comment

Gerbo,

At the "very least" as a courtesy to Dr. Rivard and all the wonderful Spinecor people I think we should get permission first - this of course is just my own gut feeling. I don't know what to say....do whatever you want
            Last edited by Celia; 08-30-2006, 12:02 PM.

Canadian eh
            Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

If you wish to input the results I'll give them to you
              sherie, if you give them to me, I will update

Comment

I will give you our measurements I just want to make sure they a accurate. I am waiting for a report from Dr. Rivard for Erica's Pediatrician.

Christine
                from CT, USA
                6 year old daughter diagnosed 7/06 33* T9

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012
                8/06 11* 3/07 5*-8/07 8*-2/08 3*
                10/08 1* 4/09 Still holding @ 1*
                10/09 11* OOB 4/10 Negative 6*
                10/2011 Neg.11* IB 11yrs old 0 rotation
                4/2012 12* OOB 0 rotation
                8/2012 18* OOB for 2 weeks. TSLO night time
                2/2013 8* OOB 3 days TSLO nightime
                3/2014 8* Out of Brace permanently

Comment

Thanks Gerbo

Sheena
                  started wearing April 2006, age 13 with Dr. Smouse (Sugarland, TX) currently under the care of Dr. Rex Marco and Dynamic Orthotics in Houston
                  initial OB 33T/45L
                  initial IB 31T/43L
                  3 mth OB 31T/47L
                  3 mth IB 31T/45L

As a bynote, Sheena had started pneumex therapy with a different chiro at the 4 month mark, she was sore after the treatment and couldn't wear the brace for about one week, just so happened we had an appt. with Dr. Marco and I requested new xrays, they showed a 32T/52L OB and the exact same IB that we had at the Smouses at 3 months. This leads me to believe that the 3 mth out of brace was completely inaccurate because they took the xray immediately after she removed it, not giving her body enough time to return to it's natural position. That really upset me because she's taking an uneccesary xray and it also gives us a false impression of what is really going on.

Sorry this turned out so long, I don't know how to best include the 4 month OB, you can just put it at the 3 month OB.

Great idea Gerbo!

Comment

Also with Dr. Smouse

Hi Sherie, my daughter got fit last week eith Dr. Smouse in Sugarland, everything seems great now, she is wearing the spinecor 20 hours a day, any comments you can share with us will be thanked, she has a 38 cobb, she is 10 years old.

Comment

How much correction did she get after the initial fitting? My daughter only got a few degrees and furthermore, she got worse in that 3 months time. I would not recommend the therapy program at the Smouses. I took my daughter to see Dr. Woggon and go through the Clear Institute program, there is no comparison. Dr. Woggon's program is very aggressive, whereas Dr. Smouse believes in taking things gradually. I now believe that is wrong and aggressive treatment is the way to go. Time is of the essence, my daughter's curve has increased from 25 to 50 deg in about 1 1/2 years.
                      As far as the brace, 38 is pretty high already for bracing, but I would definitely try it. If I had to do it again, I would go to Montreal and see one of the dr's there. Since she already has the brace, it would be good to take her to make sure the fitting is properly done. If that's not possible, Dr. Marco in Houston is working with Dynamic Orthotics to fit the Spinecor. At least take her there for a 2nd opinion. I'm sorry if this is not very optimistic, but my daughter has gotten worse despite bracing (hard and soft) and therapy. I believe her curve was already too high for bracing to be effective, that's why I think you would benefit greatly by going to Montreal. When I spoke to Dr. Couillard on the phone, she told me that a curve over 40 is rigid and difficult to brace, the Smouses never told me this. I wish you the best and would be happy to give you any info. you need.
                      Sherie

Comment

Working...
                      X