question about discogram procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about discogram procedure

i had my discogram done yesterday,went fine but had some pain that was the same ive had before.they had me pretty sedated.i know they took a CT scan and said they got lots of good info for my dr but what im wondering is how can they just go by someones pain when they do the pricdeure if the disk doesnt look that bad on xray?the radiologist said that of all the needles they put in only the last section hurt me,which is a little above the sacrum,i think the last disk.but he really didnt say if the disk looked bad and i was so out of it yesterday that what if they just go by my pain instead of what the disk look like?they dont do that do they ? trudy,
    Trudy T60 L70 posterior surgery feb.8th 2007

Hi Trudy...

Yes, the discogram is really about what reproduces the pain, not what the discs look like:

http://www.drdillin.com/education/ba..._discogram.htm

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

im just concerned if even though i had pain, if the dr says ok she had pain, she needs to have that disk removed and fused all the way down in her surgery,that if he removes the disk and there was nothing wrong with it then i just went through that for nothing.does that ever happen?
      Trudy T60 L70 posterior surgery feb.8th 2007

Comment

Hi Trudy...

I believe that if it's producing pain, there's something wrong with it.

--Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
        X