leg,thigh and hip pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leg,thigh and hip pain

I am about 2 1/2 months post op and pretty ok by now except for a few things. I had anterior surgery T11 to L3 and 1 rib removed.I am ok with the rib pain ( i expected it ) but the leg,thigh and hip stuff i did not expect and don't know if it is normal.My left thigh feels like a healing bruise and is too sensitive.My hip bone is the worst.It hurts alot.My whatever its called that is where my leg joins my body......i have some problems there as well. I still can't lift that leg properly and the connector piece hurts and does not move right. I can't even describe the weirdness of this area. All i know is it hurts. Some days i can't lift that leg up the stairs cause it doesn't work up there. I think the problems are in the hip maybe...i don't know.Plus that foot is so hot.And when i go tanning that thigh is like on fire.My other leg feels normal in the tanning bed but that one gets so hot i have to cover it.Weird. Also,i feel better about this one since i read about it,my rib area has that strange numb/sensitive feeling but then so does my stomache on that side too.Thank goodness i see the doctor Sept.6. I guess i am most concerned with this horrible hip pain and the part of my leg connecting to body not working right.
    Any input would really help. Thanks!
    Stephanie
    Last edited by fitiani33; 08-27-2006, 01:39 AM.
    Stephanie
    T11 to L3
    1 rib removed
    June 5, 2006

You need to get this checked just in case there are some nerve problems. Even if there are though, they may improve with time. I have something similar and there has been some improvement over the last few months. I am now 6 months post op.
    Double 63(T)/75(L) deg curve with big sideways shift - Surgery in UK on 8th February 2006.
    Post op 30(T)/33(L)
    http://warpedwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

normal??????

i saw my docotor and he said this is normal and may take a year to go away, and even so he said i will most likely always have pain in that thigh and hip. I know he is the dr. but that just doesn't seem right. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I have only read about pain continuing in like the back and stuff and i am kinda worried. Any info would really help. Thanks.

Stephanie
      Stephanie
      T11 to L3
      1 rib removed
      June 5, 2006

Comment

all sorts of pains for months post op

It took ME a good year and half to really get pain free.

All these bizarre feeling are normal healing, recovery and results of being straighter.

Try not to dwell on every: ache, jab,numbness, itch, shock in your body etc--
        -otherwise you will go NUTS!!!

Try to ignore them as much as possible while being as active and comfortable as reasonably possible.

Expect increasing pain if you overdo too soon or if you start a new activity.
        Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
        Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Working...
        X