PDA

View Full Version : Insurance reinbursment for Spincor

christine2
08-25-2006, 12:57 PM
I need more info from you wonderful people. I need to try to get reinbursement for the Spincor brace. Does any one know what a L code is?

The sentence in the Dr's report reads as follows.

"The American government already allowed an L code for this brace."

We have decent Insurance but I think we should be able to get in- Network coverage for the brace.

Thank you
Christine

MATJESNIC
08-25-2006, 03:25 PM
Dr. Deutchman gave us the code and it was covered by our insurance. Unfortunately, we are only covered for everything out of network. Unless we can get an in-network orthopedic to say that Nicole should wear Spinecor and not a hard brace, we have no case.
After meeting deductibles, it seems as though we got very little back.

Melissa

Celia
08-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Hi Christine,

I'm not really sure how insurance works in the U.S. i.e., when I hear "in network" and "out of network" it's all gobblygook to me :D If you get a letter from Dr. Rivard, your physician then I think it should be alright Pat travels from the States to see Dr. Rivard in Montreal and as far as I know was fully reimbursed for the cost of the Spinecor brace.

I think the reason Melissa didn't get reimbursed for the cost of the spinecor was because insurance companies need a medical doctor's letter and will not accept chiropractors :confused:

hope this helps :)

christine2
08-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Hi Pat

I am getting ready to send in paper work for insurance reinbusement for a Spinecor Brace. I would love talk to you.

Thank you Celia for the info
Christine

Mom37
08-28-2006, 01:50 AM
Dr D's office requested preapproval and filed for me and my insurance paid out of network. I didn't know if insurance would cover out of the country, but would love to know. I believe most did not cover in network. My insurance also wanted MD doctor recommendation to do brace in network.

pat
08-31-2006, 08:06 PM
Hi PatI am getting ready to send in paper work for insurance reinbusement for a Spinecor Brace. I would love talk to you.
Christine
Hi Christine, I responded to your PM, I hope you got it. We did get reimbursement for our daughter's Spinecor Brace. Pat

christine2
09-02-2006, 10:30 AM
Yes I did get your response thank you. I was looking for a way to get in network coverage but that is not going to happen. We sent in our paperwork and feel thankfull that we can at least get something back.

My kids started 1st grade on Wednesday. Erica is doing great with her brace on. The only problem is she has to go to the nurses offfice to go to the bathroom because her little fingers are not strong enough to do the snaps up. VERY minor issue.

I feel fortunate that she is so young and there is full compliance!!

You folks help me get through a difficult time thank you!!
Christine

mrf
10-26-2006, 10:07 AM
I was told by one of the Spinecor providers that the L Code is L1005

I hope this is timely for you.