need help, could be spinal headache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help, could be spinal headache

,i went monday for my mylogram and stress test.stress test went fine and mylogram wasnt too bad,just uncomfortable.about 30 minutes while in recovery,my head started hurting in my forehead and sides of head,they gave me tylenol which helped a littlew but came back once i got home.i layed down just as they said with my head elevated with a pillow, yesterday woke up with another headache about the same but by noon time got so bad was like someone hit me over the head, it didnt hurt in the back of my head, just forehead and top of head,im still hrting today but just front of my head ands laying completly flat is the only thing that makes it dissappear . i called my drs office yesterday and they said its probably a spinal headache and to go to hospital today if it hasnt gone away.my question is how do i know the differene between a sinus headache and a spinal headache?.i dont want to go to the hospital if its only a sinus problem. trudy,
    Trudy T60 L70 posterior surgery feb.8th 2007

Headache

I had my myelogram last Friday and luckily didn't have the headaches I so feared. If things that usually work for headaches for you aren't working now, it is probably from the myelogram.

They told me if I got horrible headaches, go to emergency and they can help you. I would definitely call my doctor again if I were you. No need to put up with several days of misery that can be alleviated.

Best wishes to you.....I'll be waiting to here what happens.

Comment

unfortunatly it has to be done with radiology,thats what Treva told me at dr shelokovs office.i cant find anyone to drive me there today so im hoping to get in in the morning and i know someone that can take me then.im also hoping the pain just goes away on its own today,i really dont want a blood patch!

Comment

I would definitely get it checked out. You may not know the difference between a sinus headache and a spinal headache but because you had the myelogram done I wouldn't take any chances. A blood patch may not be fun, but it could solve your problem. Why suffer needlessly? Please let us know what you decide and keep us updated.

Best of luck,
        Brandi
        Brandi
        Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
        Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
        L1-S1
        Dr. William Lauerman
        Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
        Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
        http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Wow....I just realized that you had yours where I did probably! Mine was ordered by Dr. Shelokov. But my worse experience was the big muscle-bound guy who shoved the I.V. in my arm without a numbing shot first! That hurt worse than anything that happened with the myelogram.

I was fortunate that I did not have to travel far to where I would lay down. We stayed at the Fairfield Marriott that is about 1/2 block away and I rested non-stop for 24 hours there.

Comment

yes im having my surgery with dr shelokov also. they got me in for in the morning for the blood patch :-( im hoping it will go away so i can cancel..lol..yeah marcia, i really didnt have a problem with the IV except for the guy that did it was shaking real bad but surprisingly did an excellant job. i had to drive for an hour and half back home, laying in the back seat propped up on the door,probably not elevated good enough.then the next morning i got up about 9 and made myself cereal.so im not sure if it was one of those times that i messed up and got the headache.

Comment

Working...
            X