Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Updates on Clear Institute or Schroth

Hello Everyone.

I am a 27 yr old female with a 25 degree thoracic curve. I was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was 17, but I didn’t receive any treatment for it because I was told it was too late. I often feel very isolated with this condition, so I am very glad to have found this forum and to see that so many other people are working hard to help one another learn, grow, and achieve a better quality of life.

Since my diagnosis I have been experimenting with exercise (yoga, pilates, and strength training) and message to address the discomfort. I have found Bikram Yoga (hot yoga) to be great for reducing pain and helping to stretch and elongate the muscles on my weak side, but no structural changes have occurred yet.

I am now considering treatment by Dr. Woggon (Clear Institute) as well as by Scoliosis Rehab Inc (Schroth method). I noticed a few people had tried these treatment options (or were considering it). Do you have any updates on your success? For anyone who has seen Dr. Woggon, did you purchase the scoliosis traction chair he recommends to continue your treatment at home?

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,

FJ
    Last edited by FiniteJane; 08-21-2006, 09:12 PM.

Hi FJ,
    My daughter is scheduled for treatment with Dr. Woggon the week of Sept. 18. The scoliosis chair is mandatory for larger curves,I think >40, so you probably wouldn't need to purchase it. We will be purchasing the chair because my daughter has a 52 deg. lumbar curve. I have corresponded with 2 people who have had positive results with clear-institute. If you are interested, I will let you know how it goes after the treatment. The difficult part of this is neither therapy is a one time treatment, it requires daily exercise at home but Dr. Woggon said for Sheena, this would not be for the rest of her life, perhaps until she's 18 (she's 14 now). I'm not sure what the regimen is when you are already an adult, it would be best if you were to speak to him yourself. He's very nice and easy to talk to.
    Sherie

Comment

Thank you Sherie,

I hope treatment goes well for you daughter! I have spoken with Dr. W and booked a one day treatment for Oct 9th. I plan to see him again for the intensive 1-week treatment in May - when my holidays kick in

I know the thought of having to do exercises for the rest of her live may seem daunting for your daughter, but if they bring her relief she may end up enjoying them. I feel that way about yoga - it takes away my discomfort so I can't wait to get to the studio.

Best regards,

FJ

P.S. Please let us know how the treatment goes!

Comment

I am interested in this as well. I have done a lot of reading about it and am hoping we can get our insurance to cover it. We are military, so that may take some doing. Anyway, my only concern is living my kids for a wk. My husband is always deployed it seems and they all are still very young.

Comment

Working...
        X