Bills, bills, and more bills.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bills, bills, and more bills.....

I have had several surgeries this year and the scoliosis surgery still looming over me for October. How do you keep all your records straight....can someone recommend a form or book that will help itemize all the information so it is in order for taxes? Right now I have a stack of papers 1/2 foot high!!

I really don't know either, but when you figure it out, let me know! Probably best to keep it in date order, usually it will have (the bill or itemization) a date of origin on it. Hope that helps.
    Angela
    29 y/o f w/76 degree curve.Surgery done on June 26th, A/P, rods, instumentaion, rib removal- now 18 degrees!!

Comment

We bought a large 3-ring binder and began putting the statements from the insurance company in date order with the most recent on top.

As for keeping track of payments, that was easy for us as my yearly deductible was $1500 and that was spent within the first few minutes I was in the OR so we did not have to keep track of any other payments after the first bill arrived. We just checked each one carefully to be sure it wasn't a bill and that the charges and dates of service were correct and then filed them in the binder.

Maybe setting up a simple Excel spreadsheet would be helpful to keep track of payments. You could set up columns titled: Date, Service Type, Service Provider, Amount Charged, Payment Amount, Payment Date, Check #

That's all the advice I can come up with...hope it helps!

Comment

My billing system

I start with my EOB. It makes it easier to see what the insurance paid and what my resposibility is. Then I attached the doctor's bill and my receipt.

I also use a spreadsheet, I usually pay office visits with my debit card and use a check for mailed payments. I have the records already in my online statements. So I just copy and paste the amount and date.

I usually get the EOB first, so I can review it and calculate anticipated bills. If the doctor's bill doesn't match my EOB, then I contact all parties promptly.

Comment

Working...
        X