Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hello, again & so relieved all is done.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello, again & so relieved all is done.....

I'm back home now & all is sweet!!!!!!!
    recovery time is definitely much easier than the long anticipated wait for a surgery like this.......all my best to many of you facing it & hope I can provide help where needed.......Love ya, Lynne

operated on Aug 1st---Dr. Boachie/Dr. Kim
    biggest curve-thorocolumbar at 95% reduced to 42%, lower curve was diminished & thoracic allowed to correct itself(which means they did not have to go to T-2)..hump seems to be totally gone & looks like I went from 5'4" before operation to at least 5'7"(hoping for 5'8" though-we will see at measuring time)

my blog: http://lynnebackattack.blogspot.com

I am so glad to hear you are doing so well! Best of luck in a speedy recovery.. you sound like you are doing great! Keep it up and try to remember not to do too much too soon!!
    Angela
    29 y/o f w/76 degree curve.Surgery done on June 26th, A/P, rods, instumentaion, rib removal- now 18 degrees!!

Comment

Congratulations! So glad to hear your doing well. I almost cried when I read about all of your men visiting! (I have little guys too)
      Good luck in your continued recovery!
      jsully
      36 year young cardiac RN
      old curve C 29, T 70, L 50
      new curve C 7, T 23, L 20
      Surgery June 11, UCH, Dr. Cronen T2-L5, posterior
      Revision December 20 L5-S1 with pelvic fixation
      and Osteotomy to L3 at Tampa General Hospital

Comment

Lynne -

You know I love ya...you rock, girl!

Brandi
        Brandi
        Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
        Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
        L1-S1
        Dr. William Lauerman
        Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
        Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
        http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

I am very happy for you too. You made it and you are OK that is the most important thing. I am going for my surgery on Sep 19 and I am nervous. I have two very young kids ages 2 and 31/2 ad I mostly think about them and what if something goes wrong. I know it will be ok and soon it will all be over. But for right now I am happy to know that all of you are so strong to do this and hope I can be like you.

I wish you a speedy recovery and all the best to you!!!

Thanks for sharing your post op story.

mariya
          30 yrs, mom to two girls ages 9 and 7
          8/9/04 - 18* thoracic and 42* lumbar
          3/7/06 - 22* thoracic and 45* lumbar (38*kyphosis)
          4/8/08 - 38* thoracic and 50-52* lumbar (54* kyphosis)

2007 - Scheduled surgery but cancelled due to no major health issues at the time.
          2011 - Back pain, spasms, sciatica, difficulty doing any physical work/activities w/o following back pain and spasms. Revisiting surgery decision and soon to schedule a doctors appointment to determine the progression since 2008.

Comment

You Go Girl !!!!!!
            Chris
            A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
            Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
            Post-op curve: 12 degrees
            Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Must feel great to be home. I am so glad you came through okay. Here's to a speedy recovery.
              surgery 9/06
              Rothman institute

Comment

Lynne,
                Isn't coming home the best feeling in the World???? I'm so happy that things went well for you! Let us know if you have any questions or need a little lift in spirits every once in a while...we're all here for you!

Comment

Way to go! Congratulations - you are an inspiration to those of us waiting to go through it!
                  "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
                  Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
                  19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Lynne,

Best wishes for a speedy recovery! Glad to hear you're back home now. Look forward to hearing about your progress.

Chris

Comment

thk you all, as I tear up again...just want to hug my Dr's when I go in in first week of sept for standing x-rays.. recovery is all I expected, I thk I was well prepared by you guys! Not depressed yet/sure there will be times ahead but friends have reached out to take boys for days at a time so that my husband can get into work for a full day as needed. My mom will be brought up by my sister to stay with me a few days.. my family has been by my side as I need them. all makes me feel so good. My husband & young men(7&10) have been bringing me dinner & other meals in bed as back aches(low) play in when I'm jumping on the computer too long.... alrdy cut back a bit on the perkaset(sp?) meds last few days but today need them every 4 hrs/with oxycoton...maybe the rain affected me negatively as it came in tonight...ribs(think 3 removed )has been getting less numb but back up a bit today. constipation pains were the worse, as I had dreaded all along but probably a 'head' thg too since I was deathly afraid of pain in ribs & long anterior incision next to it to push & knocking my hardwarw lose... had to take off my brace to finally go(sorry so graphic) what a relief..................Ly

Comment

Welcome home! I'm so glad that you did well and are doing well so far. Keep us posted and take good care of yourself. It sounds as if you have just the right help around you! Tell your "guys" that my husband and daughter know how they feel...if they need to talk, just let us know! Roy said it was difficult knowing what/when to do things for me. Family is great! Be sure to let them know often how much you appreciate them! Linda

Comment

Glad to hear all is well. I totally agree with you that recovery is easier than dreading and anticipating surgery! It's done and you move forward each day.
                          Jenn
                          37 y/o female
                          60 degree lumbar
                          45 degree thoracic
                          1st time anterior/posterior surgery May 8th and 10th 2006
                          T 5 to S 1
                          NYC

Comment

Rock on Lynne!!! Glad to see you back and doing well... best wishes for a speedy recovery! (And congrats on your newly gained height... that's awesome! )

Jen
                            Jen
                            24/NY
                            Harrington rod placement & fusions
                            11/2/94
                            60T, 35L

Comment

It is always good to hear from you. We have the same surgery and I follow you closely. I just got back from all my preliminary tests.....looks like my October 5 surgery is still on schedule! Congratulations of doing so well. There have been a lot of prayers said on your behalf also and I pray that you will continue to be pleased with each day of progress and patient with each setback. You are on the road to recovery!

Comment

Working...
                              X