having mylogram done.....excuse my post under revision surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having mylogram done.....excuse my post under revision surgery

im having the mylogram done monday and wondering if ill be able to drive by the next day?im very scared about the whole test,anyone ekse had this done?how bad is it? trudy,
    Trudy T60 L70 posterior surgery feb.8th 2007

I had one done. It was not to bad. I was also scared. I just knew it was going to hurt and it was a little uncomfortable but not to bad.I was lying on my stomach and facing the screen. I could see the Dr. putting the needle in and watched the whole procedure. It was interesting to me. I was given something to relax me and they numbed the area where the needle went. Some people have different opinions ans experiences with this procedure.but mine was not to bad. Good Luck.
    Mattie

Comment

Hi Trudy...

I had a myleogram about a year ago. I thought it was a piece of cake. I'm not afraid of needles, and the only time you'll feel one is right at the beginning when the doctor numbs the area. Having to move around on a hard table wasn't terribly comfortable, but it wasn't that bad.

I had to lay down, with the head of the bed elevated, until 2 hours from the time the dye was inserted. After that, I went home and had a completely normal day. Some people get horrible headaches for some reason.

Regards,
      Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

i know they told me ill have to lay flat for the rest of the day but im wondering can i keep my head elevated or do i need to be totally flat?

Comment

Hi...

I was told not to lie flat, and although they said not to do anything too physical or to lift anything heavy, I had no other restrictions the rest of the day.

--Linda
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

hmm, well they told me to lay down for the rest of the day, preferable 24 hours.i guess every dr is different? also, whats the reason for not eating the morning of your test?

Comment

I wondered what a myelogram was and looked it up. Myelography is an x-ray of the spinal canal. A contrast agent is placed in the space around the spinal cord to evaluate the spinal cord and/or nerve roots for suspected compression. Headaches are common and the cause is thought to be changes in cerebrospinal fluid pressure, not a reaction to the dye. Laying with your head elevated is recommended. It did mention if you get a headache to lay flat. Patients with a history of chronic or recurrent headaches are more likely to develop one. So it looks like a mylogram is to the spine what a discogram is to discs. I learned something today and thought I would share.

Comment

oh ok,im glad i can be elevated then cause i will want something to eat on the drive home ,considereing i cant have anything to eat or drink after 730 that morning and my test isnt till 2 pm trudy,

Comment

Working...
                X