PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

prestocat
03-27-2004, 12:47 AM
Hello all! I've had back pain for a long time. I kind of thought that I had scoliosis 8 months ago when I had an epidural. The doctor was having a hard time finding my spine and had to try four or five times. He then asked me if I had ever been diagnosed with scoliosis. I went to my family doctor and told him of the pain and the problems that I had with the epidural. He checked my back visually and said that he didn't see anything wrong. He did however find 3 vertebrae out of place and put them back in. About two to three weeks later I was in severe pain in the spot where I had the epidural. I went back to the doctor and asked him if there was a chance that the epidural could have ruptured a disc or something like that. He said probably not and did an x-ray to see what was going on. He did find that I do have scoliosis. He said that there isn't anything that can be done for it and wrote a prescription for an anti-inflammatory medicine. The doctor told me to try the pills for a week and if my back isn't better to come back in. The pain is still very bad. I can't sleep and I get very bad headaches! I also have to take care of my 8 month old son who is 26 lbs. and that really kills my back. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? I also was wondering if anyone else had trouble after an epidural or knew someone that did? Could it have ruptured a disc? Also, is twisting my back to crack it a bad idea? Thanks for taking the time to read my post! Any information is greatly appreciated! THANKS!!!

Cathrine Cohen
03-27-2004, 03:51 AM
You might try Backlife. I just wrote about it, when I replied to Beth. It is a great device, which you use at home. I use it every day twice and I am most of the time pain free.
Check it out at www.backlife.com. Cathrine

LindaRacine
03-27-2004, 11:18 AM
Prestocat...

It sounds like your scoliosis is relatively small, which shouldn't be causing any pain. I think you should get to an orthopaedist or neurologist who specializes in spine to find out what is wrong.

Regards,
Linda

prestocat
03-30-2004, 11:45 PM
Thanks to those who replied to my message! I really appreciate it!