pain relief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pain relief

i had surgery in 1992 and have had degeneration ever since. my pain has been increasing that after many years of denial i started taking pain medication. finally i have started seeing a chiropractor on an intense treatment program. after only one week my pain is easing and i havent had to take any prescription. has anyone else benefitted from chiropracty??

I tried Chiropractors before surgery. My chiropractor helped relieve some of my pain but it wasn't a permanent fix. I was having terrible right hip pain and I decided to go to my chiropractor. She worked on me for a long time. But she finally told me that she had went as far as she could go and I needed to think of other options. Very shortly after I stopped seeing her my pain returned full force. Good Luck.
    Mattie

Comment

When I went to the chiro I did receive minimal relief but I was still in considerable pain. My chiro referred me to a neuro because he wasn't giving me the relief that he thought he could.
      surgery 9/06
      Rothman institute

Comment

I tried it too. Unfortunately, the benenfits I received were short lived. I have however, heard of others who have and still do receive pain relief from the therapy. We are all so very different and different bodies will benefit from different treatments. I hope it will give you long term help! Best of Luck!
        Angela
        29 y/o f w/76 degree curve.Surgery done on June 26th, A/P, rods, instumentaion, rib removal- now 18 degrees!!

Comment

Chiro never worked for me. I had a good chiropractor but he was negligent in the fact that he told me he could reduce my curve. The only thing he managed to do was give me very brief pain relief.
          Brandi
          Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
          Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
          L1-S1
          Dr. William Lauerman
          Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
          Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
          http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

There is a thread already on this forum called, "Chiropractic hope, just had to share," which is running on a daily basis. Sonya there is heaps on information on there. Just may help a little.

Saw your are from WA, Hi there I am from Tasmania.

Macky
            Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
            Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

thanx for all the comments. i found that my pain has alleviated a little but when i have three days straight of chiro its better, but after the next four of no chiro the pain is back to its terrible self. i will stick to it until xmas and keep my fingers crossed. Good to hear from another aussie!

Comment

Working...
              X