Lynne Is Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynne Is Back!

Hi all, Lynne just posted on her blog and is doing fine. She is in a rehab center only 10 minutes from home so her boys can visit! It sounds like she is doing great. Had to spread the good news.

Thanks Suzy -- just checked her blog. What great news!
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

That is great to hear. She is a tough cookie!
      surgery 9/06
      Rothman institute

Comment

It is awsome to see you are doing so well at this short time since surgery. Wow! 3 inches in height; that is just awsome!!! Keeping you in thoughts and prayers and looking forward to more reports!

Comment

Suzy -

Thanks for the update. I haven't been online since Friday or Saturday and had no idea. Great news!

Brandi
          Brandi
          Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
          Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
          L1-S1
          Dr. William Lauerman
          Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
          Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
          http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

I'm glad to hear that Lynne is doing well! I thank you, too, for the update.

Comment

I went to visit Lynn in the rehab facility this past weekend and she looked awesome! Way better than I did after my surgery. She was moving really well and in great spirits!
              Heather
              Heather
              Surgery date: April 20, 2004
              Anterior/posterior surgery
              Fused T-11 to L-5
              Pre op lumbar curve: 70 degrees, thoracic curve: 42 degrees
              Post op lumbar curve: 19 degrees, thoracic curve: 18
              Surgeon: Dr. Boachie-Adjei
              Had successful pregnancy and birth 2 years post-op

Comment

make-up please

I'm 46 & never do without my eyeliner & god dammit since I looked like sh-- most of the hospital stay-the last day I sat up in bed & put my basecoat on & eyeliner & shadow...my cousin walked in & took a picture of me since I looked damned good at that point so I'll try to get her to e-mail it to me to put on blog(if it's acceptable to me--vain, I know!) weekend after tues operation, my sister told my cousin I looked really bad & swelled & had period-what a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!Ly

Comment

I too am an eyeliner junkie. I was actually thinking of packing my makeup bag just in case.
                  surgery 9/06
                  Rothman institute

Comment

does anyone even feel like putting on makeup after surgery? i hope so cause i dont like to go without it either..lol
                    Trudy T60 L70 posterior surgery feb.8th 2007

Comment

I usually wear base, shadow, mascara and blush daily. I didn't wear makeup for the first 3 weeks or so. Just didn't feel like being bothered until I looked at my face in the mirror and decided enough was enough. I got back in the game after that.
                      Brandi
                      Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
                      Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
                      L1-S1
                      Dr. William Lauerman
                      Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
                      Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
                      http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

I think it's not that hard to put makeup on, but of course the first few weeks to a month we're so tired. I'm one who doesn't wear any or much unless I go out, so it's not that much of a problem. That's weird coming from a makeup artist But I like doing it like it's for show or dressup
                        35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
                        Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
                        Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
                        Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
                        Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Working...
                        X