Anterior Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anterior Question

Just wondering how long an anterior incision would be are most peoples scars the same?
    Im also having posterior as well. I'm getting fused from T3 to L3 what are some of your measurements?

Thanks
    Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

Mine is long, 12 inches.
    I think it really depends on what they have to do in there that determines the length of the incision.
    36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
    Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
    Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
    Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
    Curve post op = 20 degrees
    No pain anymore!!
    Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

I had anterior and posterior surgery. My anterior was laproscopic. Three very small incisions. Only one stitch. My posterior was a different story. I had well over 60 staples down my spine. Around 12 staples on my hip where bone was taken from. No one ever wants to go through this kind of surgery but once but it does not always end up that way. I have had it done three times.
      Mattie

Comment

Mine is 8 inches long. It obviously varies from individual to individual.
        Brandi
        Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
        Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
        L1-S1
        Dr. William Lauerman
        Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
        Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
        http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Mine is only six inches.
          Jenn
          37 y/o female
          60 degree lumbar
          45 degree thoracic
          1st time anterior/posterior surgery May 8th and 10th 2006
          T 5 to S 1
          NYC

Comment

Working...