Anyone have hip pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have hip pain?

I suddenly developed a very painful hip. Could this be because of my scoli. I have been told i will need to get surgery fairly soon. 30C/50T/40L at age 54 and getting worse. Any one else have a hip problem?
    Age 54, 30C-50T-40L
    western suburbs of Chicago

hip pain

Hello!
    I think hip pain sorta comes with the territory. I've had it on and off in the past.
    Right now, I'm pain-free in that area. Exercise and p.t. seems to have helped that.
    Good luck!
    CSC
    Idiopathic Scoliosis; Wore a Milwaukee brace; Told by physician it would not progress
    S curve; Surgery date: January 29, 2008!!

Comment

I have hip pain quite a lot too. But I'm only 16 years old, so I guess it's not exactly a norm. I haven't really mentioned it to a doctor though because I've had a terrible time with doctors for my scoliosis recently. Like the person above me said it just comes with the territory, I don't really know what to do for it.
      ~Leelee ♪
      [-] 17 years old
      _[-] 12th grade
      [-] scoliosis, 45T and 42 L
      _[-] kyphosis, 67*
      [-] Boston brace for 4 years
      _[-] Stopped 6/8/05 at 4:32 PM

Comment

hip pain

I had hip pain before my surgery; I had a 40deg lumbar curve(80 thoracic). Now that I look back I wonder if the lumbar curve somehow caused my body weight to be unevenly distributed on my hips in an abnormal fashion.
        Pilates did help for awhile.
        Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
        Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Big time hip pain Not a pain but numbness as soon as I do any walking just one hip gors to sleep That is what it feels like

Comment

I hadn't had that much pain in my hips but lately it's starting to really get bad on the one they took the bone graft from(right one). I don't know if it could be the change in weather as it is very humid and getting chilly here so soon this year. Sometimes it feels just like when they just performed surgery on me, and it goes down my right leg, frustrating to say the least, since I was better for a while in that area.
            35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
            Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
            Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
            Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
            Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Working...
            X