Need to Vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to Vent

I went to my neice's wedding last nifgt. She was beautiful the ceremony was beautiful and the reception was fantastic. All that being said, why would I need to vent.
    Did not sleep the night before
    Had to work all day
    Back and leg pain going strong
    Could not have a drink because of pain meds
    Could not eat because of constipation from iron pills
    Took an extra pain pill so I could dance a little - I used to be quite the partier back in the day
    Felt sick on the hour and a half ride home
    Couldn't sleep
    Had to work all day to day - 11 hours
    Couldn't walk real well because of the little dancing I did
    Very frustrating
    After all that I really had a good time seeing people that I haven't seen in years. I am just so tired of this pain ruling my life and not being able to do the things that I want. If it was 2 years ago I would have been on the dance floor all night.
    Thanks for Listening. Sorry for the rant and rave session.
    surgery 9/06
    Rothman institute

Hi Dawn,

Venting is a good thing!!! Don't feel guilty!!! Why do we always feel guilty???

No matter who you are or what you do, it's hard when you know that you can't do what you could before. It sucks, but we have all been there! Does the "X" factor mean we can't complain???

Just wondering,
    Shari

Comment

Don't feel bad about venting. We all do it, it's a human thing. Life can be so unfair at times. I had spinal stenosis prior to surgery and it caused awful pain in my leg and foot. I have not had any of that pain since surgery... "hallelujah". If I'm not mistaken, you are scheduled for surgery in September, right? I wish you peace of mind and body. Know that you are not alone.
      Brandi
      Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
      Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
      L1-S1
      Dr. William Lauerman
      Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
      Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
      http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hey, ranting is good...giving in to it is what's bad. Everyone needs to vent once in a while, and what better place to vent than here. Go ahead...vent. We will listen and even UNDERSTAND what you are going through. Linda

Comment

Working...
        X