Pain and weather changes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain and weather changes.

Has anyone noticed the pain getting worse with changes in the weather?

Lately, I've been in considerably more pain,and the only thing that's changed is the weather. It's been more humid and very hot, but I've also noticed my back feeling worse as it cools down.

Just wondering if it's just me, or do the rest of you notice it too.

Thanks!

Change in weather

You'll find lots of people complain when the weather changes. I feel it immediately when it gets damp out. I can do a better job than the Weather Channel when it comes to forecasting rain! My bones feel it - I feel stiff and have the aches and pains. It goes away though but while it's present, it's quite annoying, but you learn to deal with it. Nothing like a cool sunny day!
    Take care, LYNN
    1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
    2000 Partial Rod Removal
    2001 Right Scapular Resection
    12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
    06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

I have problems with Summer, since it's very humid here. The humidity from Spring or Fall doesn't give me nearly as many problems, and I know that's rare. Summer heat and especially humidity gives me bone pain(joints), and inflammation around my hardware.

Looking forward to Fall, my favorite season
      35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
      Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
      Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
      Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
      Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

Jacque's Mom, Yep! I guess I can forecast the weather too!

sweetness514,

I know the humidity really bothers my Asthma, I guess it's bothering my Scoliosis too. <sigh>

I LOVE the Fall too! It's always been my favorite time of the year.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who "feels" the weather changes in their body.

Comment

Working...
        X