PDA

View Full Version : How long were you under?

LEELEE85
08-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Hi,
I'm having Anterior/Posterior surgery and i was told it will take about 8 hours i think that is such a long time under.

Would like to know how long others surgeries went for?

Also can anyone give me any pointers of things to do before surgery like strengthing my muscles or getting fit?

LindaRacine
08-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Hi LeeLee...

I was under for 11-12 hours.

The best advice I can give you would be to eat a good, balanced diet. Get some sort of aerobic exercise, and work on building up your thigh muscles. You'll be doing a lot of knee bends in the first 6 mos. or so post-op.

Regards,
Linda

HGD24
08-04-2006, 07:30 AM
I was under for 12 hours. My surgeon originally thought 7-8 hours based on my x-rays, but once he was in there, he realized that he could get more correction and needed more time.

majo
08-04-2006, 08:04 AM
Hi! I was under 8 hours, twice.
So do not be upset. Everything will be all right.
Good luck. Majo

[
QUOTE=LEELEE85]Hi,
I'm having Anterior/Posterior surgery and i was told it will take about 8 hours i think that is such a long time under.

Would like to know how long others surgeries went for?

Also can anyone give me any pointers of things to do before surgery like strengthing my muscles or getting fit?

bbest
08-04-2006, 12:22 PM
I was under for 8 hours. I was originally told it would be about 10 but he was able to do what he needed to in less time. I know I sound like a broken record, but each case is different. Your's may require more time or even less it all depends.

sweetness514
08-04-2006, 02:09 PM
I was under for at least 5 hours, but I had posterior only and not anterior.

I would suggest working your thighs and legs, but not your back muscles, as they will be cut open and it could hurt more if they're strong and tight.

The thing is my thighs were of steel for this last surgery last December(I walked a lot and did a lot of stationary bicycling), but only a couple of days not walking made them feel like jell-o, wich was so weird and annoyed me. I am stobburn so I started my walking as soon as I could and the muscles came back pretty quickly.

summer
08-04-2006, 02:20 PM
My anterior surgery was on a Monday and lasted approx. 4 hours and my posterior was that Wed. and lasted about 7 hours. I did a lot of yoga which helped my mind and body. It made me less anxious and more flexible.

SandyC
08-04-2006, 03:33 PM
My A/P was in two parts for a total of 15 hours

treacherous
08-04-2006, 06:19 PM
that's a long time. the doctor I saw today told me mine would last around 2 hours (whether I had it done posterior or anterior). wierrrd.

Theresa
08-06-2006, 01:52 PM
The first day I was under for 15 hours then 4 days later 7 hours.

katblack
08-06-2006, 10:57 PM
The first surgery, 14 1/2, second a week later, 10 1/2.