Migraine Drugs Can Cause Back Spasms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migraine Drugs Can Cause Back Spasms

Hello I am 38 year old Male Scoliosis suffer who also suffers horrible Migraine attacks or cluster migraines, one drug that gets dished out here in the U.K. is called PARAMAX its 500mg Paracetamol and 5mg Metoclopramide Hydrochloride.

POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS as stated in the information leaflet:

" Drowsiness, Restlessness, Confusion, Diarrhoea,
    Hyperthermia (raised temperature, feeling hot)
    Muscle Rigidity.

Sometimes your legs can feel restless too. these symptoms may seem worrying but they will usualy disappear within 24hours. However, THEY ARE NOT ALWAYS REVERSIBLE "

OMG! no wonder my Scoli has been so bad, The Scoliosis Back Spasm peeps need to know this!

Now i know why they say ALWAYS READ THE LABEL when taking drugs, this drug "was" a god send for killing my migraines before they took hold but has been a knightmare for my back spasms, its like the muscles all around my lower lumber region and down my legs are being very lightly teased in some way I guess its pain, i cant sleep, its like torture or something, ive tried massage, and even antispasmoidic drugs like CARISOMA which is as bad as methadone i'm told. I told my doctor and he has prescribed me with PIZOTIFEN for my Migrains but the side effexcts of this drug is weight gain (i'm already overweight), seratonin imbalance (i have sufferd depression in the past) etc etc so now I'm off to a Migraine Forum if I can find one in the U.K. or USA to look for alternative Migraine cures. take care all.

I take PIZOTIFEN but only one a night and when I actually get a migraine and I get some really bad ones, I take one Imigran or its also called Sumatriptan, and then only if necessary take 2 asprin as well and that does the trick.
    I havent put on any weight and have been on the PIZOTIFEN for over 6 years.

Macky
    Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
    Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

Working...
    X