Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to this site

[FONT=Arial Black][I][COLOR=Purple] Hello everyone,
    Am trying find out if there could be a link to constipation and scoliosis.
    17 year old son, extremely bad pain in stomach. diet fine. been to the doc today. I wonder if due to the ongoing rotation of the lower spine if that could be the cause. And knee pain in one knee. Had full rods put in at 9 years and partial fusion down to T8 at 6 years
    Otherwise a well adjusted teenager. sports and computer mad.
    Anyone got some ideas what we can do apart from medicate and good diet.
    Off to see the bone doctor in september. He has neurofibromatosis 1 which is linked to scoliosis.

For Braydon (age 11yrs old) there is a definite link between his spine issues and constipation. He is prone to constipation and has been laxative dependent until May 2006. His GI doc switched him to Zelnorm. It has been good for several reasons. 1. his entire GI motility is better - the faster food moves through, the more he eats (bonus), 2. his constipation is under control because everything is moving quickly and the stool doesn't have time to become impacted, 3. he is MUCH less gassy, 4. his appetite is much improved.

Does your son have a GI doc? If not, I would suggest getting one. If he's had chronic problems with constipation, he may need to have a flat plate xray to make sure he isn't chronically impacted. Good luck with a teenager doing this.
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Working...
    X