dr visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dr visit

My appointment is tomarrow for my 3rd opinion! I hope that I really like this one! Im getting a little nervous and excited! My kids have to come with me because I have no babysitter. Hopefully they will be well behaved so that I can pay attention. Wish me luck!
    jsully
    36 year young cardiac RN
    old curve C 29, T 70, L 50
    new curve C 7, T 23, L 20
    Surgery June 11, UCH, Dr. Cronen T2-L5, posterior
    Revision December 20 L5-S1 with pelvic fixation
    and Osteotomy to L3 at Tampa General Hospital

Because you are bringing your kids with you, it may become easy for you to be distracted. Write down any questions you have so you can be sure to ask them. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    Brandi
    Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
    Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
    L1-S1
    Dr. William Lauerman
    Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
    Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
    http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

a

Unfortunately my appointment today did not go well. My other DR's offices never sent x-rays. The x-ray machine was broken at the DR I went to see today. Was going to go to x-ray dept. in same office building and return this afternoon per request of the office. Then 15 min after I leave they call me back and want to reschedule in 2 weeks. I am very frustrated. Ive quit taking Naproxen and Motrin because my stomach can't handle them anymore and I was hoping the DR could recommend something else. Guess I just have to sit and wait. Thanks for letting me vent I'm just very stressed.
      jsully
      36 year young cardiac RN
      old curve C 29, T 70, L 50
      new curve C 7, T 23, L 20
      Surgery June 11, UCH, Dr. Cronen T2-L5, posterior
      Revision December 20 L5-S1 with pelvic fixation
      and Osteotomy to L3 at Tampa General Hospital

Comment

I know how frustrating it is to have things not go as planned. Try not to become discouraged. Things will fall into place. You'll see. As far as the pain goes, have you considered going to a pain management clinic? They can provide you with other options outside of naproxen and motrin.
        Brandi
        L1-S1
        Dr. William Lauerman
        Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback

Comment

I see you are a nurse. I didn't know that initially. I am sure you are aware of other pain relieving methods. Just trying to recommend some options.
          Brandi
          L1-S1
          Dr. William Lauerman

Comment

Working...
          X