Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post op excercise ideas? please help!

Hi,
    I had surgery 17 days ago, and my parents make me take walks with them everyday. But that is so boring! I only like walking if there is some purpose to it, like walking at the mall! I can't stand just walking for the sake of walking. Does anyone know of any alternate activities for this stage in recovery? What about swimming, jogging, or bike riding? Good or bad idea? Thanks.

Jessica - 16 years old
    Spinal fusion surgery with thoracoplasty July 12, 2006 at Johns Hopkins with Dr Sponseller
    50T and 36L reduced to 5T and 10L

im six weeks post op on monday.

are you in physical therapy yet? because that is alot of exercise.

as for the biking and swimming, that's what im doing. but do what you feel comfortable with.

and why not go to the mall?? that's what i've been doing!! i think i love to shop a little too much lol

good luck

<3 Lindsay

Comment

i was told by my doctor none of that stuff until at least 3 months post op except walking and stuff i didnt do that or anything but i played tennis and i didnt have PT i had my surgery ,went home and told to move around alot but nothing too straining
      ~Shannon~
      Surgery: May 25th 2005! Woot!
      13 months Post-op
      E-mail me!:
      starchild_81212@yahoo.com or Star_child_81212@msn.com

Comment

You should try to get an in home phys. therapist through your insurance. Mine was great and the exercises kept me busy for an hour a day besides walking. Some examples : marching in place, going up and down stairs etc...
        Just be careful!
        Jenn
        37 y/o female
        60 degree lumbar
        45 degree thoracic
        1st time anterior/posterior surgery May 8th and 10th 2006
        T 5 to S 1
        NYC

Comment

Working...
        X