No announcement yet.

How hard is the surger to get through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard is the surger to get through?

This is prob going to sound really stupid. But like I have a brace right now (my curve is 35°) and like I was just wondering how bad is the surgery to get through? like because there have been some days where i hav been like I am just not going to wear the brace, and eventually get the surgery. like i kno it is surgery, and it is pretty stupid to think it will be nothing. But how bad is it? Like am I being nieve to think that i should just let it get bad enough? Also what kind of curve gets the endoscopic surgery do u guyz kno?
    ♥SARAH♥

The surgery is different for everyone.there is also different types of surgery.i was in the hospital for 6days and was home from school for 2 weeks after being home from the hospital. I was only in pain for lik 2weeks but it does feel completley different.ur entire back is rearanged.
    Scoliosis surgery is very serious!!!If ur curve is only 35 i would stick with a brace.I would only have surgery if ur docter recamends it!Well tuhtuh!!!
    luve allways,
    *Paige*
    __-------______--------______-------__
    12years old had postier fusion Jan.22,o4!!

Comment

35 degress is a fairly low curve. Most doctors recommend surgery only if your curve is above 45 or 50. Stick with the brace!!! You DO NOT want to have surgery if you don't need it, not just because of the pain, but because of the limitations it places on your everyday life. Please try your best to avoid surgery and GOOD LUCK!
      Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
      L2 to T4
      Braced for 4 years
      Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Working...
      X