Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rincotato

Hi there,

Sorry I did not respond to your post about the rib hump. Sometimes I have to try to pretend I don't have scoliosis and I avoid these boards etc. Anyway my rib hump is VERY noticeable while standing, sitting, bending etc. It is also noticeable from the side.One side of my body is rounded and protrudes back and hte other side is normal. I HATE it and I plan to have the surgery to correct it. My curves are at 35 degrees...which is relatively mild compared to some people on the boards. But, my spine is so twisted that my ribcage is shifted terribly. It looks horrible. I am meeting with my ortho today. I wrote him a long letter a few weeks back telling him everything I have gone through and how living with this deformity has been holding me back from living my life. I am also only 26 years old, so I should have the surgery now rather than when I am older. I hate scoliosis. It sucks. I'm sure you feel the same way. I feel like Marty Feldman from Young Frankenstein. I'm thinking of changing my name to IGOR. I would rather jump in front of a freight train than live life with a hump on my back. I'm dead serious.
    28 years old. Dx at age 14.

1994 20T/20L
    1998 22T/20L
    2002 30T/28L
    2006 34T/28L
    2008 43T/34L

considering surgery in the near future as the curvature is getting progressively worse and for pain management.

XRAYS and pics at 28 years old. http://www.freewebs.com/skiergirl24/apps/photos/
Working...
X