last pint of blood!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last pint of blood!!!!

today I do my last blood session! It's really starting to get old if ya know what I mean....
    other than that, I've been sleeping great lately & feeling great! Maybe I'll be emotionally 'ok' for the remaining 2 weeks or so...??

surg-aug 1st.. http://lynnebackattack.blogspot.com

I started taking my iron last week and I will find out this week when I have to give my first pint. I have to give a total of three.
    surgery 9/06
    Rothman institute

Comment

Lynne -
      You are in the home stretch if you know what I mean (and I'm sure you do ). Once you donate that last unit of blood the countdown truly begins. From what I've read, it sounds like you have handled it all beautifully. Hang in there, it will all be a memory before you know it.
      Brandi
      Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
      Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
      L1-S1
      Dr. William Lauerman
      Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
      Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
      http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

That's awesome that you were able to donate your own blood! I was given that option, however I live about 3.5 hours away from the hospital that I'll be having my surgery. And it would cost me about $400 to deliver each pint (would need 3 pints) to the hospital because of the temperature they have to put it at, gas prices, driver, etc. So I will be depending on all the generous and (hopefully) healthy people who donated to the blood bank. Congrats on your last pint and good luck with your surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery!
        Elisha
        http://360.yahoo.com/elishadunaway
        Scoliosis diagnosed at 14, curve was 22 degrees, wore Boston brace for a couple years.
        Left lumbar curve has now progressed at age 33 to approx. 50 degrees and surgery is scheduled with Dr. Alexis Shelokov at Baylor Hospital in Plano, TX for July 27, 2006.
        pre-op curve: 50 degrees
        post-op curve:15 degrees!!

Will be praying that the Great Physician will guide all of our doctors' hands!

Comment

Good luck with that last donation! You will be very happy when it's done, and my son's surgeon ended up giving all 3 units back to him and it really perked him up!

My thoughts and prayers will be with you!
          Laurie
          mom to Josh age 15, double curves 77T/55L Posterior spinal fusion done at age 13 on July 10, 2006 from T2 - L5 Now 35T/25L

Comment

Lynn....you are moving closer and closer to your time. I have stayed away from the forums for a few weeks because I had to have knee surgery and I just didn't want to think about scoliosis, the BIG surgery facing me in October.

I hope everything goes well for you. I am following your surgery and will keep you in my prayers that it will be very successful and not as bad as we expect!

Comment

thks all---
              I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be....??!!

Comment

Working...
              X