different operating methods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• different operating methods?

hello ,I'm writting from France,i'm 40 and mum off 3 children the youngist is 3.I'm goiing to have my s operatied this year fusing T4toL5 hoping saving sacrum (after having milwaukee all my adolescence).my main difficultie today is to choose between different methods having seen different surgeon thanks to our scoliosis site in france .have you people operatied with this method:twinflex or dynesis? or maybe you have links to
    i have startied to read your site ,it seems to be much like ours ,do you get to meet up ?its realy magic these moments to be with people who really understand your life with S
    thanks for reading and sorry for writting and spelling errors

Salut Bonjour, je suis de Montreal

Bienvenue et j'espere que quelqu'un peut t'aider- sorry I don't know more about the surgical techniques you asked about.

Bonne chance
    35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
    Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
    Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
    Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
    Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

hie

i see your from Montreal and you seem to speak both language .do you know ;scoliose et partage ?we have a few people from canada .
      i dee here we are alowed to write names off doctors?
      i have a bit off difficulties gowing round this forum but it needs time i havn't got but it semms great as well

Comment

Hi...

Unless you've had training, I don't think there's any way for a patient to judge which surgical technique is best. There are just no definitive studies. Instead, my advice would be to find a surgeon whom you can trust, and let him/her decide which approach is best.

Good luck!

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi,

the two things you mentioned are different instruments, I'm pretty sure they are not approved in the US they might be approved for investigational use. I think there's a clinical trial going on with dynesis in NY, but not for scoliosis.

I just did a quick search and seems you'd find more info on them on European spine/scoliosis related webpages.

Hope this helps
          30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
          2005 - T50, L31
          bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
          2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
          Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Originally posted by bonjour
            i see your from Montreal and you seem to speak both language .do you know ;scoliose et partage ?we have a few people from canada .
            i dee here we are alowed to write names off doctors?
            i have a bit off difficulties gowing round this forum but it needs time i havn't got but it semms great as well
            Hey,

yes I'm bilingual even if most of the people here in Quebec are Francophone, and French is my first language. Here in Montreal we speak many languages, I try to speak the most; it's one of my interests. I have seen some French scoliosis websites when I tried to find some French Canadians ones instead, will have to check them out Can't seem to find many good Canadian ones.

Don't worry about your English, I would say you're very good and open minded, that's a great quality I sometimes make mistakes as well and don't always know how to ask certain things but I still do, life's too short to care about what certain people think, we at least try to comunicate

Prends soin de toi
            Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
            Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
            Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

:

thanks a lot for your answers i am going on for surgeriy with twinflex method and a doctor with whom i get on best .when i was adolescent i was followed bye dr dubousset i think he is known in the us .i had a milwaukee brace from 11 to 17 i think ,today i am 40 and lots off pain regularely and a s that has evolued and continues to + a dislocation L4 L5. this a bit off my storie
              sweetness you'll be wellcom to our french association via scoliose .org (scoliose et partage)and any one else off course .its great having 2 groups similar in different countries .i found this one via some one on ours who has a young girl juste operated ,in dallas .things are a bit similar .
              here near Paris its very hot what about you?
              i ll be back soon

Comment

Sure, Dr. Dubousset along with Dr. Cotrel who invented the CD rods, from my understanding.

Dr.Cotrel was here in Montreal not too long ago, concerning a new diagnosting blood test to detect scoliosis before it progresses that is being worked on in Ste-Justine hospital.

It's really humid here in Montreal right now and will be for a while from what I hear, thank God for my A/C. The only time of the year I get more pain in my joints and back is in the Summer, inflammation sets in around my rods when it's humid

Comment

here a little sun shine too hot here 38 degrees ,never happy either too cold or too warm ;we ve herd about the blood test coming up what great news for uor children or little children theu"re hoping to be able to found just a plain simple pill after a positiv test to avoid idiopathic scoliosis
                  i think i m not writting in the correct part of this forum ,
                  my last news after seeing de surgeon yesterday ,i shall be operatied from D6 to sacrum on december the 14th has any one been bloqued to sacrum ;what things important can't you do since,do you think i shall be able to work as nurse on a maternity ward again????10 hours standing up a going from room to room baby to baby mother to mother etc...
                  hope to here from you soon , i still haven't found my way round yet to come and see your stories each off you ,but when i 'll have .....
                  have you found our association in france?
                  bye
                  Last edited by bonjour; 07-25-2006, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X