Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Op Exercise!

Hi Everyone,
    My 14 year old daughter Carly is just about 4 months post op. She is doing just fine. She is an athlete, and usually spends her summers at various sports camp. Due to the surgery, of course she is not attending any camps this year.
    She is worried that she is getting soft and flabby, especially in her stomach. Does any one know of any exercises that are safe for her to do? How about jogging?
    Thanks in advance

You would need to check with your consultant but your daughter might well be Ok to swim by now.
    Lorrie

Comment

She might also be able to ride a bike at this point, but like Lorrie said, check with your ortho surgeon first.

Renee

Comment

My 15 year old daughter is 3 1/2 months post-op. She stared PT at about 2 1/2 months. Ask your doctor if she qualifies. My daughter plays soccer and is really missing the activity. I thought PT might give her a little sense of accomplishment. She is allowed to ride a stationary bike, swim and he even said lightly jog. I told her no jogging yet. I'm not as relaxed as our doctor.
        The therapist gave her a lot of exercises to safely work her core muscles. What sports does your daughter play? How is she feeling overall?
        Kate

Comment

If you go to www.iscoliosis.com they have some recommended abdominal excercises for scoliosis patients. I don't know if there is a recommended post op time to start doing them. They also have Yoga for Scoliosis Patients. I am also interested in post op excercises for my daughter. However she is only 4 weeks post op so I am not looking just yet.

Kathy
          Daughter Shelby 12 1/2
          Before 44T 64L After 5T 10L
          Posterior Fusion T4 to L4
          June 19, 2006

Comment

Working...
          X