New - Surgery in Madison Wisconsin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New - Surgery in Madison Wisconsin?

I am new to this group and have just spent a long time reading many of the threads- what a wonderful group. I am 27 years old with a 55 degree thoracolumbar curve. I will probably be having surgery within a year and am wondering if anyone has had surgery at the University of Wisconsin at Madison, or specifically with Dr. Tribus. I would like to hear any experiences.

Also, I feel very confused with all the information I am getting from the doctors. I have quite a bit of pain and the doctor said I could put off the surgery, but do you think that it is better to prolong it as long as possible, or do it while I'm younger and before I have a child? It is a difficult decision.
    Thank you.
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
    Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
    19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Hi...

I remember Dr. Tribus from when he did a fellowship at UCSF. He's had excellent training, so you're probably in very good hands.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I am too, looking for a surgeon in Milwaukee and/or Madison. I have heard of him but have not met with him. I have seen several surgeons in Milwaukee. Each have their own creative ideas. Keep reading and searching!

Comment

Hi,

as far as doing the surgery now or later I guess there are pros and cons for both.

I think it depends on if you're truly ready in every way, and if you do have pain now.

You're still young, so even if you wait and see for some years, you would still get a good correction.

Good luck with your decision, and be as informed as you can be, that's the best advice anyone can give you.
        35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
        Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
        Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
        Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
        Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Working...
        X