Epidural post op?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epidural post op?

I'd like to know if anyone had an epidural post op for pain management? Did it help? Were there any problems. My son is having a preop appt. in a couple of days and I was going to discuss this with the anesthesia team since I'm considering this for him.
    Linda
    Mom to Hunter (10 yrs old), status post posterior spinal fusion T1-sacrum 7/24/06 w/spastic quad CP

i dunno but i got only morphine and tylenol with codeine for pain management
    ~Wanda~
    40TL curve pre op
    Posterior Spinal Fusion with Dr. Pablo Marrero
    San Jorge Children's Hospital in Puerto Rico
    June 7, 2006
    post op curve: 16

Comment

My daughter had surgery three weeks ago today and I asked her surgeon in our last consult before surgery about an epidural. He said he didn't like giving them because they put everything "to sleep" and he needed everything "to be awake". So Shelby did not have an epidural.

Kathy
      Daughter Shelby 12 1/2
      Curves 44T 64L Corrected to 5T 10L
      Posterior Fusion T4 to L4
      June 19, 2006

Comment

Thanks for the reply. That is an interesting point you raise. Makes me wonder?? My son's 2nd opinion doc had mentioned the epidural as an option. Although this is not the surgeon my son is going with. I'm not sure what his opinion on it is? I will be finding out, though. I'll raise that concern with them, thanks!
        Linda
        Mom to Hunter (10 yrs old), status post posterior spinal fusion T1-sacrum 7/24/06 w/spastic quad CP

Comment

Working...
        X