My bottom Molar cracked...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bottom Molar cracked...

Yesterday I broke my bottom molar....I alrdy have a dental cleaning appmt set for next week but am going to try to move it up... I must be grinding my teeth at night...My worst fear: root canal right before surgery????! I guess better than after.......augghh! Lynne
    aug 1st-ant/post surgery http://lynnebackattack.blogspot.com

Sorry to hear about the tooth cracking

Hi Lynne,

Hope the tooth repair will be something simple and not too involved. Is the tooth painful?

You said that you are sleeping okay, but stress does cause us to grind our teeth while sleeping. I used to have to wear one of those mouth guards because my jaw would be sore in the morning! You might want to ask the dentist about using one until your surgery.

I am on antibiotics for a sinus infection right now but will be done with it in time before the surgery.

Deb

Comment

Lynne - you can get a generic-type mouthguard in the drugstore that you just boil to fit your mouth, I think -- to keep you from grinding your teeth.
      I hope you move your appointment up, then you'll be all fixed up well in advance of the big day. DEFINITELY better to have this now instead of after!!!

-guess who
      Chris
      A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
      Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
      Post-op curve: 12 degrees
      Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Sorry to hear about your molar, lynne. Just what you need on top of everything else, huh?! Like everyone else said though, better now than after surgery. If you are still donating blood for your surgery, I wonder if having the molar repaired will have any affect on your ability to donate blood (if you are put on an antibiotic after)? My son couldn't donate when he was taking an anti-b, but then again, he was sick. He had to be off the medication 24 hrs. before donating. Just thought I'd mention - maybe something you should ask about.
        Take care & good luck

Renee

Comment

thks! I just gave my second pint of blood this morning. Very easy & not at all dizzy! My iron was 12.9 again(very good) ...
          I've just been a little tired later in the day from the blood giving...
          I told the dentist's office about my surgery & they can x-ray it this Friday morn. & let me know if it's one I had a root canal on alrdy Honestly my teeth (molars )are the worst & have been breaking down I was hoping I would be good before surgery & Just hoping I don't need another root canal...How depressing............Ly

Comment

Working...
          X