Surgery Date Scheduled Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery Date Scheduled Now

Thanks to everyone who responded to my earlier inquiry about getting a second opinion. We did go to John Hopkins to see Dr Sponseller, and decided to get on a waiting list for surgery date with him. This past Thursday we were notified that there was a cancellation this coming Wed, July 12, which was available for us. This was good news because we could use at least one unit of the self-donated blood my daughter had donated in preparation for the previously-scheduled surgery. (The other unit she had donated was too old to use by this time). If she needs an additional unit, we'll have to use blood-bank blood, which is not our first choice, but hopefully will turn out okay.

We are also glad for the surgery date because her school resumes August 21 and she is hoping to be able to start school with her friends (she'll be a high school junior).

We've enjoyed reading the other experiences posted here. They've helped provide a perspective of what to expect. We'll share our experience as it unfolds.

Jessica - 16 years old
    Spinal fusion surgery with thoracoplasty July 12, 2006 at Johns Hopkins with Dr Sponseller
    50T and 36L reduced to 5T and 10L

Cheyenne,
    I'm glad all is falling in place for you & your daughter! Will be routing for you & your next week surgery.....Ly

Comment

Cheyenne,

I am happy that things worked out for you so well concerning your surgeon selection. You were very smart and caring to get that second opinion. I hope that your daughter has as great an outcome as our daughter had with Dr. Sponseller. Your daughter is in excellent hands.

Mark
      Mark & Jane, Parents of Lisa
      Daughter 15 years old
      Posterior surgery was in October, 2005, with Dr. Paul Sponseller at Johns Hopkins. Fused T2-L2 w/4 rib thoracoplasty. Rib and local autograft. All pedicle screw and stainless construct.
      Before: PT – 33, MT – 63, L – 32, kyphosis – 46.
      After: PT – 7, MT – 4, L – 15, kyphosis – 32.

Comment

Just wanted to pass along my prayers and best wishes for your surgery tomorrow. My daughter is 3 weeks post op and doing very well. We will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Kathy
        Daughter Shelby 12 1/2
        Curves 44T 64L Corrected to 5T 10L
        Posterior Fusion T4 to L4
        June 19, 2006

Comment

im am getting surgery in a month

hi im ashleigh bradley and i wish you good luck im allso getting surgery in a month i am very scared my curves are 48 top 15 bottom. i would like u to tell me how it goes so i will know what to expect.

<33 love ashleigh

Comment

hi im ashleigh bradley and i wish you good luck im allso getting surgery in a month i am very scared my curves are 48 top 15 bottom. i would like u to tell me how it goes so i will know what to expect.

<33 love ashleigh

Comment

Working...
            X