Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand

I don't understand:

THE PREVALENCE OF PELVIC ASYMMETRY AND SACROILIAC JOINT DYSFUNCTION IN CHILDREN.
    M. Drnach, M. Janovich, K. Capdeville, S. Gehring, Physical Therapy, Wheeling Jesuit University, Wheeling, WV.
    Pediatric Physical Therapy: Volume 16(1) Spring 2004 pp 51-52

They say:
    "Visual evaluation of alignment was done by the examiner, at eye level with the examiner s dominant eye. Comparison was made to determine if one side appeared higher than the other."

That is not the way it should be done...

"Leg length measurements were taken from the ASIS to the medial malleolus, and umbilicus to medial malleolus with the subject in the supine position. "

And

"Eleven percent of children in this study presented with a pelvic asymmetry with a concurrent true leg length discrepancy of 2 cm or greater on the side of the pelvis that appeared higher upon visual examination."

How can they tell it is true leg length discrepancy if they measured it like that??? That is the way you measure apparent leg length, but not true length!

"No subject demonstrated sacroiliac joint dysfunction as noted by a cluster of special tests."

You don't check SIJD by cluster of tests. They only test if you have pain in SIJ and SIJ ligaments area, not the dysfunction...
    Last edited by expatient; 07-05-2006, 04:52 AM.
Working...
X