new here, advice needed =]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new here, advice needed =]

Hi, I'm Deanna. I just had surgery about ten months ago, T4-L4, posterior fusion. It was a very successful surgery, and as of my last post op appt in January I'm doing great! I wanted to join this forum to ask a question, though, about some pain I've been having recently. It started a couple of months ago. It's mostly when I bend over, or am in an awkward position, and it seems to be directly on my lower spine. About two inches above the end of the scar? It can get pretty bad at times. I'm wondering if this is normal for post-op people, just a part of life for everyone with or without a history of spinal fusion...Any input would be much appreciated!
    Blue Moon

:::I'm a 20 year old named Deanna.
    :::Posterior spinal fusion T4-L4 on August 3, 2005
    :::Curves were at 61 upper and 45 lower
    :::Now at around 20/10 -- YES!

Hi Deanna...

Have you asked your surgeon about it? I think that pain that is very specific to one spot is often caused by one of the hooks or screws, or by a non-fusion at that level.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Well, I did call one of his nurse practitioners, who just said, "Okay, we'll talk about it at your next post op appointment," which isn't until late September.

Is it common to have a nonfusion or screw problem? Would that require more surgery?
      Blue Moon

:::I'm a 20 year old named Deanna.
      :::Posterior spinal fusion T4-L4 on August 3, 2005
      :::Curves were at 61 upper and 45 lower
      :::Now at around 20/10 -- YES!

Comment

Working...
      X