Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBest?

Has anyone heard from BBest yet?

It's been awhile since her operation? I hope everything is ok!!!!
    Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

I was thinking about this when I couldn't sleep the other night(I think of anything and everything don't ask, my mind is restless), and maybe if someone here has had surgery done by the same surgeon could call his secretary and know if at least the surgery went well, just a thought and I know some here could maybe have some peace of mind...

Any thoughts?
    35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
    Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
    Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
    Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
    Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Hi,
      As I have mentioned before, my mother had surgeon a week a part from her with the same surgery. They were actually in the hospital at the same time. About a week ago she asked her surgeon's nurse practitioner about Brandi, but she was unwilling to say anything. I think it is unethical for them to discuss it with anyone who is not family. I know that my mother has been so curious about it, but I don't think they are willing to disclose any information. I do remember her saying that she thought she was going to a rehab facility so maybe that explains not hearing from her.

Comment

I looked back and Brandi's surgery was May 22nd. So she is just 5 weeks out. She has not posted on her blog since the 19th of May either. Don't think the worst............jeeze. I'm sure she is just busy recovering and being a Mom and wife again. She may just wander off into the world of happy post-op patients and not log back on. Check back in the threads, not everyone comes back to inform the forum of their experiences. I personally am thinking the best has happened to her, she has her life back.
        Last edited by Suzy; 07-01-2006, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Leviwood...Thanks for posting, I was thinking about your mother but didn't remember your name

I think she's probably fine, but I do understand people's concerns b/c she posted a lot before surgery and even if she's doing well and recuperating, I would find it weird she wouldn't talk about it on her blog as she loved to write(and did it so well) or pop here to say hi or anything, she had made so many friends on this forum.

I personally understand that she wouldn't feel up to it though, and could very well be busy, she's also a mom and this can be a lot to deal with not just physically but emotionally as well.
          35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
          Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
          Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
          Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
          Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Working...
          X