migraine improvement after surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• migraine improvement after surgery?

I suffer from migraines, about 2 per month usually, lasting 2 days. I was wondering if anyone else has migraines and if there was any improvement after their surgery?
    It's been suggested to me that once I have my fusion and disc replacement at L3/4 L4/5 my thoracic spine may adjust back a little and MAY reduce the amount and severity of the migraines.
    I used to see a chiropractor many years ago and had my neck regularly adjusted but can't say I noticed any improvement with the headaches.
    Cathy

migraines

It's funny this topic came up. After my surgery, I did not get a migraine for a year. My migraines have always been related to hormones, but it was weird that I did not have one for a year after my surgery. I still get them, but very occasionally...
    Heather
    Heather
    Surgery date: April 20, 2004
    Anterior/posterior surgery
    Fused T-11 to L-5
    Pre op lumbar curve: 70 degrees, thoracic curve: 42 degrees
    Post op lumbar curve: 19 degrees, thoracic curve: 18
    Surgeon: Dr. Boachie-Adjei
    Had successful pregnancy and birth 2 years post-op

Comment

I used to get terrible migraines when I battled with my posture. I would fight with my scoliosis to stay staight I would get terrible headaches that started in my shoulders all the way up to my head. I do not get the head aches anymore cause the curve has won and I have been walking quite crooked recently due to a great increase in pain.
      At least my head doesn't hurt anymore.
      surgery 9/06
      Rothman institute

Comment

Working...
      X