• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is good about a brace

what is good about wearing a brace
    Lauren and her brace brenda

Awww....

I know that wearing the brace can suck big time. But if you DON'T wear it, your back could get worse and then you'd need the surgery, which sucks even more than wearing the brace. I had my brace for seven years.. and I hated it too. I didn't wear it as much as I was supposed to, and my back DID get worse and I DID end up having the surgery.

Now that I'm older and "wiser" haha... I look back and think about how silly I was for not wearing my brace like I should have. So learn from my mistake and wear your brace.. learn to LOVE your brace, not hate it.

I hope you feel better about it...

lisanicole
    lisanicolegrace
    29/F/Canada
    Surgery - 11/10/2000
    80° curve to 19° post op.
    www.lisanicolegrace.com
    @lisanicolegrace
    facebook
    x-rays
    picture of my back

Comment

thanks ive worn my brace for 3 yrs alrady and im really confident in my sef more than ever. I feel i can go up to people and say i wear a brace for my scoliosis and im proud of it
      Lauren and her brace brenda

Comment

heres whats good a bout the brace. My curve is 34 with my brace it's 11
        ~~Rebecca, 15 years old, 10th grade~~
        I was braced for 2 years and 4 months
        I went through 3 Boston Braces
        Original curve~34*
        Curve in 1st Brace~9*
        Curve in 2nd Brace~14*
        Curve in 3rd Brace~27*
        Curve after bracing~34*

Comment

lisanicole is totally right. I wore a brace for four years before I needed surgery (six weeks ago). A lot of the time I would wear my brace for only eight hours when they told me 12-14 hours, and that was when my curve got a lot worse. If you don't listen to the doctors your curve WILL get worse and you will probably end up in the hospital, and its not fun...believe me. GOOD LUCK!
          Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
          L2 to T4
          Braced for 4 years
          Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

In my oppinion nothing.

Comment

wearing a brace sucks. no doubt about it, there is nothing fun or cool about it. but to be blunt, if you dont wear it, you will end up in the hospital. the surgery is NOT fun, you dont want to have to learn how to walk again and miss a month of school/summer fun.

Comment

for me about 50% is good

*I get new clothes if they fit right (even if they r 50$)

*I also have a 504 plan at school and can go to the
                Bathroom/nurse as many times I want!!!

*also I get the excuse of not being able to fit in the back of our car!!!

gOoD LuCk

KEEDA

Comment

Hey

Ok the GOOD thing about a brace is... U can say hey! punch me in the stomach! and enjoy the look on the person's face after!! Just kidding! Its hard wearing a brace... but wearing it gives u that much more to look forward to... knwo what i mean? Like before u had the brace everyday was just so-so... but now with the brace u can say next year at this time i'll be my sexy self! and u'll feel so confident and just feel like smiling all the time. Sometimes... the doc will tell u that u only have to wear it 16 hours a day... so u can have it off for whatever u want to do that is special! So just keep goin with the brace. Happy days are on their way... and everyday u are one step closer!

Hannah 14
                  IN

Comment

Working...
                  X