Makalasmom on her way to recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makalasmom on her way to recovery

Just wanted to give everyone the update on Angela, Her surgery was about 71/2 hours the Dr said everything went perfect he was very happy with the results. Angela took about 21/2 hours to wake up , she is in pain but she is doing well she wants to sit up I belive that this is a good sign she is also laughing and making jokes like gusse what Im a staight B-tch now she is in very good spirits or the pain killers are real good, well i have to go need to get back to my babydoll, I will keep you post on her recovery, Thanks again for everyones support

Scott
    Angela
    29 y/o f w/76 degree curve.Surgery done on June 26th, A/P, rods, instumentaion, rib removal- now 18 degrees!!

Thank You for letting us know that she has come out of the surgery okay. I am looking forward to hearing more on her recovery.
    Dawn
    surgery 9/06
    Rothman institute

Comment

Good News!

Glad to hear things went well for Angela!! Recovery will be long and hard, but I'm sure she will do well. I still have the pictures they took of me just after the surgery and when I first walked post-op. I almost don't recognize myself. Because I was bed bound for 2 weeks after the surgery I dropped a significant amount of weight (most of it was muscle that was loss, because I wasn't being as active as I was before surgery. lol, duh!)

Do keep us posted on her progress. I'm rooting for her!!
      Last edited by Jer; 07-08-2006, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Day 2 of recovery

She is still doing well had a rough night and day they had a time getting her vitals stabel. She is in a bit more pain today than she was yesterday, she dose not remeber much, she said to say hello to everyone and to let anyone coming up on their surgery that its not as bad as you think it is, it is rough but worth it she said. I got a chance to see her back today it looks beautiful it looks so strait and next to no curve have a great night I will keep you all updated.

Scott
        Angela
        29 y/o f w/76 degree curve.Surgery done on June 26th, A/P, rods, instumentaion, rib removal- now 18 degrees!!

Comment

Day 3

Today she is in less pain, she has some discomfort from the chest tube and the area where they removed her rib, the Dr still has not had her up walking he wants to wait until the chest tube is which should br Thursday,She wants to get up bad and wall, Her back looks better and better every day her incesion is about 20" long from her neck to the crack of her but about 200 staples and she has another incesion from her chest around to her back with about 90 stapels in it. she appears to be taller but we will not be sure until she is standing. She said to tell everyone hello and thanks again. I will keep you post as she recovers.

Scott
          Angela

Comment

Working...
          X