Hi kind of new....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi kind of new....

I have scoliosis and it goes to one side (to my right side) and its very painful when I lay on my front side, my back side and when I try to pick things up. If you have any advice please post! Im 14.

hi sarah im wanda and i had scoliosis surgery on June 7 and i am recovering nicely..

you seem to have pain...have you tried physical therapy yet? it is very good
    what about muscle relaxants pills?
    what are your curve degrees?

remember when picking things up to use your knees or not your back muscles will be strained....pls keep us posted

and welcome!!

for a better talk go to Spinekids.com and register -- it is full of teenagers and kids with great advice...they helped me get through my surgery with lots of support my nickname there is Scoli_Gurl16....get better! good luck!
    ~Wanda~
    40TL curve pre op
    Posterior Spinal Fusion with Dr. Pablo Marrero
    San Jorge Children's Hospital in Puerto Rico
    June 7, 2006
    post op curve: 16

Comment

Hi Sarah,

Welcome. you will find this site to be very helpful. we have all gone through what you have gone through or something simular.
      Have you had your parents taken you in to get it checked out? If not it is a good idea. If so are they considering surgery or a brace? I know my curves by the age of 14 were very bad that I had no choice but to go through sugery. I would defintly have a dr check you out and follow up with them. I am sorry to hear you are in pain like you are. I hope they can take care of it soon.

Good luck and any questions you have dont hesitate to ask. We are all here for each other!
      Sarah 25 yrs old- Married with three english bulldogs

1995-Surgery for scoliosis fused T3-L3.
      2000-Surgery for Rod breaking, relaced rod and took out upper rods.
      March 2005-Surgery for removal of all rods.
      August 2005-Fusion of T10-T11 due to crack in fusion, Rods put back in.
      August 2006- Surgery for fusion from L4 to sacrum.

Comment

Working...
      X