Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very rough time after surgery

hi everyone, it's lindsay here.

i got home friday afternoon and i've been having horrible sypmtoms from all the medication.

i have awful nausia and constipation. (eww). and im not sleeping well at all in nights.

i'm just wondering if anyone else is having these symptoms. and how long can they last. i just want to feel normal again!

hope shelby's surgery went well!!!

Lindsay

Hi Lindsay,
    Shelby came home from the hospital on Wednesday. She was doing pretty well until the night before last. She cried alot during the night because she could not get comfortable. She just wanted to be able to move herself and readjust herself. She did better last night as we started her out on her side with pillows behind her and then we switched her to her back in the middle of the night. Her stomach is still really bloated which is bugging her. She is eating pretty good but not like normal. We get her up to walk every hour or two. She seems to feel better sitting up rather than lying down. It is so good to hear from you. Shelby asked me the other day if you had written yet. She wrote to you the day before your surgery. I don't know if you read that one yet. I know this first week is the hardest so hopefully you and Shelby will be feeling better by the end of next week. I keep telling her that every day will get better but that is hard to accept when you are in alot of pain. Hang in there, we are still thinking about you and praying for you. Update us when you feel like it.

Kathy
    Daughter Shelby 12 1/2
    Curves 44T 64L Corrected to 5T 10L
    Surgery June 19, 2006

Comment

Hi Lindsay
      Hang in there.............you're young and should be feeling better in no time! Although it doesn't taste so good, I drink watered down prune juice and walk to help me go to the bathroom. Your symptoms are normal
      Jenn
      37 y/o female
      60 degree lumbar
      45 degree thoracic
      1st time anterior/posterior surgery May 8th and 10th 2006
      T 5 to S 1
      NYC

Comment

Working...
      X