I' m back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I' m back

This was by far the most painful ordeal I have ever done- to include all the replcement surgery. The ant-post fusion was from T10 to S1 with two segmented rods. They took out a few disks as well. it was a 16.5 hour surgery with two days in ICU- rest in normal bed. back yesterday afternoon. I am in still in bad pain and cannot find a comfortable position at all.
    Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?
    The surgery did go well and it worked. Too hard to type more later. thanks for all your prayers and support
    Eric
    Eric
    Army LTC
    13 June 06
    L1-S1 fusion (post-ant)
    T10 - S1 derotation with instrumentation

wow! that's great Eric. you're up & out of the gate..alrdy?!!!!
    Ly

Comment

take it one day at a time. I am glad you came through ok.
      Dawn
      surgery 9/06
      Rothman institute

Comment

Eric, I am glad your home. Hang in there it gets better with time.
        Mattie

Comment

Hi Eric,

Glad to see your doing well enough to get on the forum so soon. That's more than I could do. It may not seem like much, but it is!!! We know it's bad, but it gets better.

Shari

Comment

Eric,
            glad your surgery is over and you're on your way to recovery. I saw the doc yesterday and I am having the same surgery. T10 to S1 with incisions in my abdomen, under my right rib and my back. Will probably have it done in Nov. sorry to hear how bad the pain is. The doc said they put in an epidural cateter to help deal with the pain. Will stay in ICU over night, hospital 5 days then to rehab hosp for 7 days. But he did say by 4 weeks I could drive short distances. As you can imagine I am really scared. Did you have to have a mylogram prior to surgery? If so how bad is that? Get well soon. My prayers are for you are a speedy recovery.
            Linda

Comment

It's great that you can keep us updated. The worst is over and each day you'll do a little more!
              Jenn
              37 y/o female
              60 degree lumbar
              45 degree thoracic
              1st time anterior/posterior surgery May 8th and 10th 2006
              T 5 to S 1
              NYC

Comment

Reain

Welcome back Eric,

If you are in that much pain that you can't get comfortable TELL YOUR DR! Mine switched around different meds to find what worked for me. Did you get the Fentanyl patch? If not you might ask for it because then you get 24/7 pain coverage 3 days at a time and the other meds you use for break through pain. You don't need to suffer! Don't try to be tough you don't heal as well when you are in pain, you can't relax. Keep us posted as well as you can and know we are all out here rooting for you! Best wishes.

Comment

Eric, glad to see you posting again but if you are in so much pain, call your doc and tell him. Maybe they need to switch up your meds to adjust you properly.
                  Take care.
                  36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
                  Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
                  Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
                  Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
                  Curve post op = 20 degrees
                  No pain anymore!!
                  Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Welcome back! I'm so glad all went well for you! Mine is Monday...eek!! Please keep posting! My hubby will post next week to let everyone know how all went... I hope your docs put you on different pain meds... it can really make a difference!

Take Care and Rest Up!
                    Angela
                    Angela
                    29 y/o f w/76 degree curve.Surgery done on June 26th, A/P, rods, instumentaion, rib removal- now 18 degrees!!

Comment

Working...
                    X