Any Aussies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Aussies?

Hi everyone, Katie here from the adult thread. I'm actually asking some assistance from any NSW mums out there. I am getting surgery in 2 weeks by Dr Angus Gray at Prince of Wales/Sydney Childrens Hospital and was wondering if you could let me know about your experience. Im 25, and know that my mum, dad and boyfriend will be fretting by now even though they try not to show it. Do you have any suggestions on how my mum can try and get through the duration of the surgery or is that impossible to say. Im finding myself worrying more about her state of mind than the surgery itself every now and then. Any advice from anyone would be so helpful.
    Oh and kids, your stories are inspirational to us older patients. Your couragous spirit and determination to get through this is sonething which i look to when i start getting really scared. Thank Gof for this forum is all i can say
    Katie.
    Katie

my mom was like really nervous before my surgery last week..but u just act cool and that will calm her down...and act like its a normal day ...lol i did that
    ~Wanda~
    40TL curve pre op
    Posterior Spinal Fusion with Dr. Pablo Marrero
    San Jorge Children's Hospital in Puerto Rico
    June 7, 2006
    post op curve: 16

Comment

I'm Aussie and had scoliosis surgery in 2004 but my Dr was Dr Cree at westmed.

Comment

I had an anterior spinal fusion in 2002. Don't do what i did and double your dosage of tramal to cope with it.

Comment

Working...
        X